Chapter |21| Coffee and Gossip

K I A R A ' S   P.O.V

Satin, tulle and lace. In other words, heaven.

It had been so long since I had shopped and honestly, I had forgotten how therapeutic it was. My mind was cleared and all I had to focus on were dresses and shoes.

Last week my mother, Tessa and I had gone shopping for hours, scouring every store we could find until we found the 'dress'. Now me and Tessa were finding matching shoes and accessories, as well as having our final fitting before the ball which was tomorrow night.

A tiny, minuscule part of me was excited. I mean, attending a ball was every teenage girl's dream. The auction was just a plus. Hopefully some hot rich older man bought me for the night.

I know it sounds slutty, but it's really not.

You see, in the mafia world, everyone is deemed to be cruel and a disgrace to society but in reality, we're just humans. The annual charity ball is our way of giving back and not to mention that it gains a huge amount of positive press for us.

My dad owns Romano corporations, which is one of the richest companies in the world. We pose as a company who lucked out in the stock market but in reality it's a cover for selling drugs, weapons and other illegal substances.

But hey, I grew up living the criminal life and I wouldn't change it for the world. It's what made me...me.

"I want ice cold brew with skinny vanilla foam, oh and those cute little cookies." I chuckled under my breath, typing her order into my phone. I was forced to order the drinks whilst she acquired a table.

"Next," The guy manning the till called. I stepped up and ordered the drink, making sure to grab a bag of those cookies for Tessa. After I ordered, I stepped to the side and waited for my drinks to be made.

The place was bustling with people, filled to the max, with sweaty hungry people who didn't care who they pushed in order to get their drinks. Unfortunately for me, I was the one who was pushed.

A greasy old man, raced to the front when his name was called, shoving me out the way as he ran. I fell backwards, my head about to collide with the hard wall, when I froze mid fall.

Slowly, I opened up my eyes only to see him looming over me, his signature smirk on his face. "Falling for me already, Princess." He winked, causing me to scowl, as he helped me back up.

His arm was still secured around my waist, as he walked forward, and tapped on the greasy man's shoulder. The man ignored him, but Aaron was Aaron. He tapped again only to revive a fuck off in return. That made him lose it.

Aaron let go of me, and grabbed the guy by the collar, slamming him up against the wall. The store went silent, watching in fear and awe, but no-one dared to speak.

"Apologise to the lady." The man's beady eyes raked my body up and down, instantly making me regret wearing a skirt. Aaron, noticing this, pulled him back, only to slam him back against the wall, harder than before.

"I said apologise." He seethed, slyly pressing his gun against the man's groin. "I'll press the trigger and blow off your tiny little balls, I don't fucking care."

"I'm sorry lady, I really am." Aaron glanced back at me with a smirk.

"Do you think he sounds sincere?" I placed my finger on my chin, pretending to contemplate.