Chapter |22| Screwed

K I A R A ' S P.O.V

After yesterday's turmoil and distress, I called Tessa. She came over, happily ignoring her physics homework, and brought him some doughnuts and a shit load of ice cream.

We spent the night watching re-runs of our favourite tv shows and stuffing our faces, ignoring the fact that we had tight fitted dressed to squeeze into the next morning.

I woke with a hand in my face and a knee pressed against my stomach. Grabbing the nearest pillow, I whacked Tessa twice to wake her up.

I could already feel my stomach churning as I looked at all the empty pint tubs covering my bed. Wincing, I pulled out a large spoon which was jammed into my back and chucked it onto the ground.

"I think I have an ice cream hangover," I groaned, rolling off the bed.

"Is that even a thing?" Tessa drawled as she slowly sat up. She rubbed her head and then froze, as her eyes widened in realisation. "Shit Kiwi, it's the fucking the ball today."

"Relax, we have hours." I say that, but in reality we were probably going to waste away all our precious time by watching Netflix, again.

"I need some food. Real food, not ice cream." I nodded in agreement, standing up and helping her out of bed.

I begrudgingly trudged downstairs and made it into the kitchen. Pulling out some milk and left over pancake mixture from yesterday, I got to work.

After the pancakes were cooked, I walked back into the living room, searching for my missing best friend. I swear, she was just behind me.

"I look like a mess." I heard Tessa whine, causing me to pause in my steps

"A hot sexy mess, seriously if this is what you look like rolled out of bed, I can't wait to see you with your..." I quickly stepped into the room cutting off my stupid ass brother, who was in for a whopping.

"Please don't finish that sentence Kalen." He rolled his eyes childishly, walking over to mess up my hair even more.

"Come on Kiwi, I was just having some fun." I walked forward and grabbed Tessa, pushing her behind me.

"Not with my best friend you're not." I pulled her into the kitchen, watching her sulk as she grabbed her pancakes and dumped a load of whipped cream on them.

"Tess, I'm sorry if I embarrassed you but my brother's are fuck boys."

"He's not that bad, I just mean...he might act like a dick but I think it's all a front." And that's when everything clicked into place, Tessa and Kalen were thing. Or had a thing. Either way my brother and my best friend were...doing the nasty.

Ew, even thinking about it made me want to gag.

I was about to tell her how wrong Kalen was for her, when I realised how fucked up my love life was and I had no right to tell others how live there's. I would silently support Tessa and when the time was right, I knew she would tell me.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I won't interrupt again." She glanced up at me in shock.

"Really?" I nodded with a smile, leaning down to give her a one armed hug.