Chapter |9| Cheerleader Jealousy

K I A R A ' S P.O.V

The sun peeked in through my open blinds and caused me to stir. Yawning and stretching my entire body, I slowly got up. The clock read seven, and I silently cursed whoever invented schools, as I begrudgingly got out of bed.

A cold shower to wake me up sounded perfect, so I quickly stripped and allowed the cool water to jolt me awake. I paired my short mini skirt with cropped white polo shirt and some velvet black boots.

Circling my eyes with dark eyeliner, I grabbed my oversized jumper and pulled it overhead to conceal my outfit. My hair was tied back into a low ponytail and I groaned as another wave of my headache hit me.

I'm never drinking again.

I glanced down to see the small paper I was given yesterday, lying on my desk in plain view. Grabbing it, I walked over to my closet and reach to the back, pulling out my black box.

A box filled with treasured memories and darkest secrets. It was filled to the brim with pictures of me and Tristan, capturing the time when our relationship was perfect.

Pulling out the top photos, I smiled softly and brushed over the faces of the happy couple. That was one of the best days of my life.

The time he made it snow.

25th December 2018

I awoke to bright summer day, except it wasn't summer, it was winter. More specifically Christmas Day and I was home, alone with only two bodyguards for company.

I should have been in snowy London, listening to the carollers sing Merry tunes and laughing with my family. Instead I was forced to stay locked up in my house, due to a very severe bug that decided to attack my immune system and cause me an immeasurable amount of pain.

My parents decided to call off the trip but when the doctor assured them it would soon pass, I told them to go. My mother desperately wanted to see her parents, despite trying to persuade me otherwise, and of course wherever my mother goes, my father follows.

Kieron, like the lovely big brother he is, offered to stay but I knew he secretly wished to visit his long distance fling and Kalen and Kai were just dicks who wanted to leave me alone.

My room stank of vomit, the smell almost causing me to wretch again. I left my room and padded downstairs, when something caught my eye.

It was snow. Lots of it too.

Curiously, I slowly walked towards the open patio doors and pushed them open. The green grass, was covered with a blanket of white, and my eyes lit up as I saw the Christmas lights that were strung across the yard.

My incredibly sexy boyfriend of two months was leaning against a bright red telephone booth and he pointed to my right. Just like that, a group of carollers began to sing their hearts out and I noticed the serval snow machines scattered around me.

Running forward, I jumped into his arms and giggled as he spun me around. Pecking my lips, he pulled away and grinned. "Do you like it?" I gave him a look of disbelief.

"I love it! You did this for me?" I was already falling for him then, but this move just made me fall even deeper.

"Of course baby-girl, I would give you the world if it meant I could this gorgeous smile." He beamed, squeezing my chubby cheeks.