Chapter |42| Snowball

K I A R A ' S P.O.V

It's been three weeks. Three motherfucking weeks!

I would have thought my dad would have called me by now, practically begging me to rush home. I at least expected half a dozen apology texts but nothing, nada.

I always knew my dad was a stubborn fool but this is a whole other level. He kicked me out, practically disowned me and for what. Because his daughter is actually happy!

He's crazy and he's my father which technically makes me crazy too.

Although these past few weeks have been torture because of my fucked us family drama, my recent housing arrangements have meant that I get to see a lot more of Aaron and Caitlin.

Because I don't have a job, and Aaron does, I took over for Rosa, Caitlin's nanny who is literally the sweetest woman I have ever met.

Serious, her chocolate chip cookies rival my grandma's.

Anyway, that means that during the day I watch Caitlin since she's not at school and it's actually really fun. We lounge around all day, stuffing our faces with junk food and watching movie classics on the big screen. Occasionally we paint, bake or even go out for walks.

Then when Aaron comes home, we all eat the lovely meal I either cooked or bought, watch another movie and put Caitlin to bed. She's ten now though so I normally tell her a story about something that happened to me, PG of course, and eventually she falls asleep.

That's when me and Aaron finally get some alone time, if you know what I mean.

I'm telling you, the domestic life is good. I could so be at stay at home mom, but I'm sure that it's a lot harder with you own kids.

"So, I have to keep this one the same, multiply it and then flip the last one." I nodded, throwing a malteaser her way.

I know, I shouldn't be giving her malteasers before dinner but chocolate is a great motivator .

The door clicked open and Aaron walked in, brushing off the white remnants all over his jacket. "Is it snowing?" I asked, bewildered as I stood up and ran to the window.

I probably look like a child right now, but snow is my favourite type of weather and snow in New York is honestly magical.

"Yes, fudge don't tell me you're going to out now. It's almost seven Princess and it's dark out." I turned to him, a smile cracking onto my face as the word fudge ran through my mind.

He tried bless him, but Aaron here swore like a sailor and his attempts to use different words in-front of Caitlin were my best form of comedy.

"That just makes it more fun." Caitlin was already up, barrelling towards the coats. She grabbed one of mine that my mother had shipped in the box of clothes and other stuff I may need whilst my dad continues to have his tantrum, as she puts it.

Chucking it to me, I quickly put it on, and then help Caitlin with her scarf and hat. I'm a warm blooded creature so I pull up my hood and slip on my boots, before holding her hand as we ran towards the door.

Then the grinch decided to shut it with his large shoe, and stand in-front of his with his arms crossed over his chest. "It's dark, it's not safe and neither of you have even said hi to me yet."