Chapter |23| Auction

K I A R A ' S   P.O.V

The first thing I noticed was the atmosphere. It was lively with the rich and snobby coming together and pretending like they're doing this for the good of others, when in reality it was just another excuse to wear a fancy dress.

I hated the upper east side, and all that inhabited it. Of course, my family were the exception because half of these people didn't even know that the Mafia existed, let alone that the CEO of Romano corporations was the leader.

"Ahh Miss Romano, we've missed you. It feels like forever since we've seen you, at least now you can fill out your dress." I smiled at Mrs Carter, fighting to ignore her insult on my tiny breasts. Well the joke's on her, I grew into a DD cup whilst her fake ones were slowly sagging.

"Aww, and I haven't seen you since your fourth wedding was it? No ring I see, oh..I'm so sorry did he sleep with au pair like number two, or his secretary like number three. At least he didn't just run off like the first though, that would have been a disaster."

"Okay..." I felt a strong wrap around my waist, whilst the other took the champagne glass out my hand. "Apologies, she's a little tipsy." I scowled at the beautiful man looming over me.

"No problem, Miss Romano needs to keep that tongue of hers in check though." Mrs Carter gave me a sharp glare, before glancing up at Tristan and smiling brightly. "I hope to see you later though."

He chuckled. "Maybe?" I gaped at him in shock and anger. What the actual fuck?

The moment she left, I stomped on his foot causing his hold on me to loosen. "Ah baby-girl, what the fuck?"

"First of all you interrupted me when I was in the midst of defending myself and second, I can't believe you agreed to fuck her." I may have screeched the last part out a little too loud, earning weird looks from those around.

Thank god, my family were already inside. Should have gone with them dumb ass.

"Your father gave me one very clear instruction, keep you out of trouble...and you were about to get into trouble." I scoffed.

"That was hardly trouble, the woman insulted my breasts and I was going to just let it go? Anyways, that still doesn't mean you can have sex with her." He laughed bitterly, holding my hand as he led me out to a deserted corridor.

"You don't really think I'm going to have sex with her, do you?" When I didn't answer, he tipped my chin up. "Hey, you're the only I want to fuck, love and kiss. The only one."

"But Elizabeth..."

"Was a mistake. A moment of weakness. I..will apologise for hooking up with her for the rest of my life because it wasn't right. It was stupid and dumb, the result of way too many drinks."

"You were drunk during school." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"You really think I could attend a lecture on Macbeth for the second time without a little booze?" I laughs quietly, the noise quickly disappearing into thin air.

"So, I'm the only one huh?" He smirked.

"The only one, and for the record, I think your boobs are amazing." I giggled, just as the lights flashed on arms off, signalling it was time for the auction to start.