Chapter |7| Awkward

K I A R A ' S   P.O.V

As soon as Tristan pulled away, the enormity of what just happened hit me like a truck. I let him go down on me. I let him...touch me, in ways that made me vulnerable.

I shouldn't have, yet I did. And I begged! I actually fucking begged!

Kiara Romano doesn't beg to nobody, especially not the man who broke her heart.

He acted strangely on the way home. I suppose that was my fault for dodging his kiss, but it seemed like something else was going on. Of course when I pressed him about it, he simply denied it all and told me he was fine, with a half-hearted smile plastered on his face.

I knew better, of course.

The journey back was somewhat, comforting. I no longer felt awkward since he knew I was commando, I was no longer horny and unsatisfied and I no longer felt this burning desire to jump his bones. Actually the traitor part of me still wanted to.

He parked outside my house and watched as I slipped out of the car. "I've got some errands to run, so if you wanna go out, call Daniel instead."

I was about to speak, when he yanked my door shut and sped off. Rude.

***

Tristan didn't come back last night, causing my mind to race with every possible scenario. He could have slept with someone else, be lying drunk in a ditch somewhere, staying at a friend's house, or he could just be avoiding me.

Either way, he didn't respond to any of my fifteen messages.

I know, fifteen, but I'm worried. He went down on me in the car, and then just left. I think I had a right to be paranoid.

I pulled on my over-sized playboy jumper and slipped on some sliders. Rushing down the stairs, my eyes were glued to the phone, meaning I didn't notice the shiny bottom step that looked as though it had just been mopped.

My foot slid across the slippery surface, causing me to lurch forward. One minute my face was about to smash into the hard ground and the next, I was being swooped up into a pair of strong arms.

Glancing up, I felt my mouth do dry as I stared at the beautiful God looming over. The chandelier was glistening brightly, emitting a sharp light around the room, and hitting Tristan at the perfect angle, who had a small smirk playing on his lips.

Fuck, I felt like I had died and gone to heaven.

"Falling for me already, I see?" I scowled, and moved to get up, when his arms tightened their hold on me. I watched as his gaze drifted down, narrowing on my lips, as he wet his own.

Our heads slowly began to inch closer, when I realised what was about to happen and where we were. I pulled away and he sighed, as he helped me get back up to my feet.

"Thanks," I mumbled, staring down at the floor as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"No problem." And....the awkwardness began.

I felt weird just standing staring into plain air, as my ex who ate me out yesterday, stood beside me. We must have been silent for a solid two minutes, before we both spoke up, coincidentally at the same time.

"Sorry, you go." I quickly blurted out.

"No, you." He said softly, causing me to smile coyly.

What the fuck? I wasn't shy? I was never shy!