Chapter |24| Lovers

K I A R A ' S P.O.V

"Excuse us Mr Carter." He led me out of the room, away from the vultures of New York's richest. His hand was still secured on my waist, lingering just above my ass, but I didn't tell him to move it. It felt nice, as if this was his claim on me as his.

"So..." He drawled, as we made our way onto the busy street.

"So..." He shoved his hands into his jacket pockets, alerting me for the first time that he was wearing a suit. I don't think I had ever seen Aaron wear a suit before, but fuck, did he look good.

The sharp fitting outfit was a classic black and white tux, his tie a deep red colour, matching the handkerchief folded neatly in his upper pocket. His hair was tousled and messy, despite his formal attire, yet in ways it matched perfectly.

"I guess you can go home now." My head shot up.

"What? You're sending me home? I thought that you..."

"I bought you because I didn't want you to be forced to go on a date with someone you didn't want to. I bought you so Jones couldn't get his greedy hands on you."

"Why?" He peered up at me, the street lights causing his dazzling blue eyes to sparkle.

"What do you mean?" There was something hidden beneath the meaning of his words, and I wanted to find out more. I wanted him to open up to me, to show me a vulnerable side of him he'd never shown anyone before.

"Why did you want to protect me from Jones?"

"Because you deserve better than being someone's eye piece, you deserve to be someone's...." He trailed off, his eyes staring down at the ground.

"Someone's what?" He smiled, not a smirk, a genuine smile that made my heart flutter, and lifted his head up so his eyes could bore into mine.

"Someone's everything. Their life, their world, their love. A girl like you deserves so much more than what this terrible world has to offer."

I found myself captivated completely by the sheer authenticity in the way he spoke his words. No-one, not even Tristan, had even said such beautiful words to me before. Has made me feel as though, I genuinely deserve love, to be loved, to be in love.

However there was also a darkness behind his words, an evil lingering in the way he spoke it as if it was the truth. As if, nothing could change his words.

"I've come to...care for you and you're my friend, right?" I nodded, despite the uncertainty of his words. "I protect my friends, no matter the price." I smiled, a quiet laugh leaving my lips.

"Well, it's only nine and I'm all dressed up...." His eyebrow arched at my suggestion.

"So...you want me to take you out?" There was a mischievous glint in his eyes, and the devilish smile was back. I bit my lip, taking a small step closer to the intoxicating man.

"Yes. I want you to take me out."

"Like friends or..." Friends. For some reason, no part of me wanted to be just friends with Aaron. I wanted to be..more with him, but what? I didn't know.

"Is there a difference?" He shrugged.

"I wouldn't take my friends, the same place where I would take a date."

"I didn't know Aaron Black went on dates, or that he had...girlfriends." The thought of him with another made my blood boil, but I didn't let it show. What was wrong with me? I was jealous of a fictional girl?