Chapter |48| The Two Loves Of Her Life

K I A R A ' S P.O.V

Fate was not on my side. The two loves of my life had finally come together, but all to save me from the clutches of that self absorbed asshole, Kane.

I was like a damsel in distress, and I hated it.

Forced to stand there whilst Kane touch me, infecting me with his repulsive hands, and I had to stay silent as he dragged Aaron and Tristan away from me, and compelled them to watch the grotesque scene.

I knew they wanted to know why I was acting like this. Why I actually let the asshole touch me and still keep his fingers? The reason was Sawyer.

Kane was threatening me with Sawyer, and I know I shouldn't care. I mean the bastard tried to kill me but I couldn't forget all the good times we had together, all the nights he had saved me from overdosing and all the hours he spent caring for me. He also dragged me here to warn me.

How was he supposed to know that Kane has a tracker on him?

I tried not to get attached. I fought desperately to stop myself from hurting when Kane pressed a knife against Sawyer's neck. He was about to do it, about to slice his throat and that would be it.

Sawyer would be a dead, but I was afraid a part of me would die too knowing that my friend was murdered and I just watched. So, I obliged.

I played the perfect captive and from the sly wink that Aaron shot me as he wrestled with three huge men...I knew help was on the way. I just had to keep acting until then.

One of them, the biggest, threw a punch, hitting Aaron straight in the gut. He hurls over, coughing up blood, whilst Tristan is being beaten and kicked right besides him.

I try to take a step forward, to help them, save them, anything but be forced to watch them suffer, when the hulk behind me with legs for arms, hurls me back and pins me against his chest.

Watching them in pain was torture enough. The ability to help them, but being forced back and held against my will was soul breaking. I wanted to save them, yet I couldn't. All I could do was watch.

"That's enough." Kane bellowed, his thundering voice echoing throughout the empty factory. "I was planning on only executing this exquisite beauty today." He grabbed my face, his sharp nails digging into my cheeks, as I fought the urge not to bite one of his grubby little fingers off. "However, since these two gentlemen thought it appropriate to interrupt, I guess I'll be executing three people. Here's the fun part though, who to kill first?"

The sick bastard let go of my face and then proceeded to walk up and down slowly, watching us all with his beady eyes. Then finally, he turned to Aaron.

"You." I struggled against the men, my heart starting to beat faster when he pulled out his gun and aimed it straight between Aaron's ocean eyes.

No, no, no, no, no. No matter how cruel it sounded, I would choose Aaron over Sawyer. He was the man I loved, the man who had completely taken over my soul and claimed me as his.

He may have broken my heart, he may have destroyed the tiny slither of hope I had left that I could finally be happy with the love of my life but...he was the love of my life. I loved him and no matter, I wasn't going to let him die because me.

"No! Stop, please don't. Take me, shoot me. You wanted to kill me anyway, my dad hates Aaron. You'll be doing him a favour!" A stupid humourless left my mouth, with my eyes
wide and filled with a dead-set fear and uncertainty. 

"Kiara, shut up. Let him kill me, I deserve that bullet and besides..." The infamous smirk appeared. "Kane needs me out of the picture. He wants to be the most powerful, the richest, and to do that, he needs to take out the big guns. It's sad really, he wants to kill me out of pure jealously."