Epilogue

A A R O N ' S P.O.V

Our final kiss, was perfectly epic. A collision of passion and powerful emotion, clashed with an overwhelming pain that caused my entire body to writhe in anguish.

"I'll always be completely and irrecoverably in love with you Aaron black. Always."

And with that she walked away taking my heart with her. The Prince, the dark knight, the illusion that I could be a better man, was suddenly shattered.

I was dying. My soul, my compassion, my heart, were all dying. The light of hope and  redemption was slowly fading away and it was all because of her. She was leaving me.

I was a coward sure but she gave up. She is giving up. There never would be anyone else for my black heart, never. My one relationship was now a failed relationship. Yet, I tried to convince myself that this was better.

She could move on, find a man who could make her happy, marry him, become a mother, have a family and...I'll be here. Alone, single, with only Caitlin and my gang to live for but maybe that was enough.

I didn't need Kiara Romano, I lived 22 years without her love and her influence and I was fine. I could move on, I was Aaron fucking Black for Christ's sake.

Notorious playboy, legendary one night stander, and an all around bad guy. The kind of guy you kept your daughters away from, the kind of guy who girls used to rebel, the kind of guy who didn't give a fuck. I could go back to that life easily.

Screwing random girls, drinking myself to sleep, throwing myself into work and having no regard for anyone but myself and Caitlin.

Because now there was nothing holding me back. The Ghosts would become the most powerful gang in New York, even if that meant destroying the Romano mafia in the process.

The thought made me hurt though. I was softer now, the angry reckless version of myself that didn't give a fuck about anything had been gone for far too long.

"Aaron, are you okay?" Tristan asked warily, approaching me as though as I was bomb about to go off at any second. Surprising both of us, I curtly nodded and turned, briskly walking past him.

"I'm perfectly fine, now let's go. We have work to do and...consider yourself reinstated as a members of the Ghosts." I turned back to look at him. "That is if you want to be?"

"Brothers for life." He said with a smile.

I didn't have the heart to smile after everything that had just happened, so instead I just nodded and with that I left, my old friend in tow, but I was leaving behind the new Aaron.

The one that had a heart, that one that had the ability to love and care.

Funny thing was that I knew I loved her with every fibre of my being, I knew that our souls were intwined and that if there was such a thing as true love then...we had it.

Had, it was long gone now.
**

K I A R A ' S P.O.V

8 months later.

I watched as the bright blue ocean, gently lapped against the shore. The sharp rocks down below, shimmering as the bright sun beams down on them.