Chapter |20| Bare Ass

K I A R A ' S   P.O.V

The next morning, I awoke to a brutal assault. My head was pounding, the sun streaming in from my drawn curtains, amplifying the headache I was currently enduring.

Empty bottles of beer, vodka and wine lay strewn along the floor, and I groaned as the doors to my room were suddenly burst open.

"Well, someone had a long night, didn't they?" Kieron chuckled, picking up some of the empty bottle and throwing them in the bin besides him.

"Uh, what do you want?" If Kieron was still here, then it must have been early. He normally left around six to lead an early morning workout for all our members. He turned the mafia into somewhat of an army in the two years he'd been in charge.

I say 'in charge' but my father will forever hold the reins for as long as he lives. He doesn't trust us yet, despite my mother telling him constantly that Kieron can handle it. To be honest though, I couldn't imagine my father doing anything but running the gang.

Our childhood holidays always consisted of my brothers and I playing in the pool, my mother sun bathing, whilst my dad conducted international business nearby.

I hoped he would let go one day though. Kieron deserved to run the mafia more than anyone, but for now, he was content with running only 50% of the business.

"Well, it's nearly half seven and you have school to get to. I figured that you may need some help getting up after security let me know that someone had broken into the wine cellar again. Kai is more of scotch man, and you haven't had the easiest week so.."

"You just assumed it was me?" I snarked, even the evidence was right in-front of him.

"Kiwi, are you okay?" The seriousness in his tone caused me to sigh. A sad smile was on my face as I recalled the events of last night, the lone tear that trailed down Tristan's cheek when he screamed out the truth.

I was hurting him just by being friends with Aaron and yeah, maybe he had no reason to be upset since he's the one who broke my heart first but...then I put myself in his shoes.

What if it was him and Tessa who were becoming fast friends, leaving me on the sideline to watch? That shit would have broken me.

"I'm fine, yesterday was just...horrible. I decided to drown myself in alcohol in an attempt to forget the guilt."

"You feel guilty for making us worried?" He arched an eyebrow at me, fortunately Kieron was more like my father and less like my mother. It would take him a million years to figure out the truth.

"Of course. I've never seen daddy so scared before, or you guys. I was ashamed of how I made you feel and act."

"Oh Kiwi," He walked forward and hugged me tight, causing my stomach to churn a little but I pushed the urged for vomit aside and hugged my big brother back.

"What the hell? You guys are having a hug without me." Kai whined from the doorway, pouting, before jumping onto us. We all glanced up at the sound of footsteps and noticed Kalen standing there with his arms crossed, staring at us all with a blank expression.

"Oh Kaley, you big baby, come here!" Kai screamed at the top of his lungs, causing all three of us to burst out into laughter. Kalen glared at Kai, as he slowly strode across the room and joined in on the hug.

I closed my eyes, feeling safe and loved, in my brothers arms. Knowing they would always be there was enough to warm my heart and dim the excruciating pain that was slowly eating me up.

"Kiwi, no offence but you stink." I punched Kia playfully, before chucking them all out of my room.

"Aww, Kiwi that was mean. I was only telling the truth."