Chapter |45| Drink, Fuck, Repeat

K I A R A ' S   P.O.V

Once again, I was packing my bag. Once again, I was leaving alone.

I wiped away my tears, furious at myself for letting them fall. I was so close, so close to happiness and then just like that, it was ripped away.

It was my own fault really. Everyone warned me, everyone told me that Aaron Black would break my heart but I didn't want to believe them. I forced myself not to because, I loved him.

I have since we went to Paris, or maybe I fell in love that night at the club, when he told the world I was his. We really could have been something special, too bad that was just a dream.

Eventually, everyone has to wake up. Everyone has to come back to reality. I just didn't realise that it would hurt so much.

After packing my suitcase, I glanced over at Aaron's sweatshirt hanging off the edge of the chair. I was going to wear it tonight when I went to bed, just like I did every night. Maybe I still could though?

Quickly snatching it, I stuffed it into my bag and then walked out. He wasn't going to wear it, he never did.

I passed Caitlin's room on the way, and then stopped on the top of the stairs. Should I say goodbye?

That little girl had been through so much already and the last thing I wanted was to expose her to horrors of Aaron's and mine's relationship.

Still though, I couldn't leave without a kiss. I snuck into her room, and gently smoothed back her hair, placing the lightest kiss on her forehead.

Then I crept downstairs, and placed my bag to the front door. He wasn't there but I could hear the faint noise of a glass clinking.

He was drinking, again.

Realising I left my phone in the kitchen, I slowly padded into the next room and grabbed it. The instructions for the desert were still bright on my phone, so I switched it off, ignoring the heavy magnitude of tears flooding down my cheeks as I realised that this was it.

This was goodbye.

I walked over to the silent man, noting the single cup of scotch in-front of him. He had his head hung in his hands, staring down at the floor.

"I know there is something else because I don't believe for one second that what we had was nothing. That you don't feel something for me. I want you to know that my love for you is real and it's proof that you can be loved. Don't ever forget how you threw this away, how you threw us away. Goodbye Aaron."

Taking a heavy breath, I walked over to the door and left, leaving behind the remains of my broken heart.

**

Walking to the nearest bar, I realised how desperately I needed my car with me right now. Especially in heels that made my ankles swell. When the rain started to drop, I knew it was time to hole up in the nearest building and thank god, that building turned out to hold a lot of alcohol.

Too bad I was broke and homeless. The only way I was getting drunk tonight was by flirting and getting them bought for me. Thank god, flirting was my specialty and I was wearing the exact dress for it.