Chapter |11| Angry Daddy

K I A R A ' S P.O.V

"Love. This universal idea that's been around for centuries, eons even, but what does it really mean? What does it symbolise? Why is love the central theme of so many great literature writings and movies? Why does love exist? This is the topic you will be discussing in today's class, I expect a clear concise argument that demonstrates your thoughts appropriately."

"I can't believe you followed me again." I whispered harshly to the man sitting besides me.

"It's not my fault we have the same timetable." Scoffing, I kicked him hard under the tables, earning a small grunt in return.

"You expect me to just believe that this is a coincidence?" Turning his head to face me, he grabbed the edge of my chair and dragged me closer towards him.

"Yes I..."

"Excuse me, Kiara and...Tristan is it?" Giving Miss Jones a nod, he released his tight grip on my chair. "Since you two love to talk, why don't you come to the front of the class and discuss the universal theme of love in-front of us all."

"Well, I would but I just don't want to." I fired back at her, earning myself a few snickers.

"Kiara, this is worth 20% of your final grade, I suggest you stand up right now." With a huff, I pushed back my chair and stormed to the front.

A few of the boys cat called me as I passed and whistled as if this was some sort of Victoria secret's show, but they were silenced by Tristan who shot them murderous look.

"Okay love, where to begin? Well, it's this idea that you feel something for someone and they feel it back and then you kiss, and get married, and have kids, and grandkids and then you die." Turning to Miss Jones who had a horrifying look plastered on her face, I smiled sweetly. "Done."

"Well Kiara, that was...morbid. Why don't we go to you Tristan, whilst Kiara tries to think of something more...deep and spiritual." I rolled my eyes as she focused her attention on Tristan, who seemed to be unusually quiet.

"Tristan?" He cleared his throat and quickly undid his tie, as if it was choking him. I gave him a look, as if to ask if he was alright, but he just turned away, averting all eye contact.

"Love is...power, and weakness and strength. It's everything really, and it's not a smooth ride either. Every great love story or movie has an obstacle that the lovers have to overcome. It's just a matter of when." Glancing at me quickly, I frowned.

What the hell was he trying to do?

"Sometimes the girl screw up, sometimes the guy screws up, hell sometimes even the parents screw up but somehow love always prevails. It's the most powerful in the world and if two people have a love strong enough then. They can overcome anything thrown their way."

"Kiara, your rebuttal." I stared at him with an overwhelming sense of confusion and shock consuming me. "Kiara?" Miss Jones said a little louder, earning my attention.

"Hmm, oh yeah um..I disagree with Tristan." He looked at me, but this time it was my turn to look away.

"And why is that?"

"Because sometimes love isn't enough. Sometimes there just too many other factors that overpower love. Sometimes pain is stronger, it hurts more and...I would rather never be in love again, than feel the overwhelming pain that comes with it. Because it hurts.." I couldn't stop my voice from breaking on those words, but in that minute I was confessing my pain to Tristan, I was telling him my deepest darkest insecurities and..I couldn't stop.