Chapter |19| One Little Mistake

K I A R A ' S   P.O.V

I groaned, yawning simultaneously, and letting my body arch back as I stretched. Waking up this morning felt different, strange. I was used to my bed creaking slightly or the sound of guards getting ready for their next patrol outside but, instead all I heard was serene silence.

I snuggled back, feeling extra warm, as an arm held me close. Wait...what!

Snapping my eyes open, the first thing I saw was the tv light flashing brightly. It's A Wonderful Life was paused on the screen, and the popcorn bowl had been tipped onto the floor.

I recognised the place almost immediately, especially as my eyes zoomed in on the picture of Aaron and Caitlin, hanging on the wall.

Fuck, I stayed at Aaron's all night.

Gently removing the muscular arm off my body, I rolled off the sofa and grabbed my shoes which were hiding underneath the arm chair.

I didn't 'sleep' with Aaron but I did sleep with him, and it was secretly one of the best sleeps I had ever had. I missed waking up in a man's arms, I missed having a person there in the morning.

As I slowly got up and began to creep to the door, I heard the sofa creak and his voice call out my name.

"Kiara," I froze in my steps and slowly turned around. An embarrassed and awkward smile gracing my face from having been caught trying to sneak out.

"Hey, um...I need to go to school, I'm sorry if I woke you up." School started in an hour, giving me just enough time to go home and get ready. I also had to deal with parent's wrath, there was no doubt in my mind that they were probably freaking out and sending search parties out to find me.

Fuck, I was going to be in so much trouble.

"You didn't wake me, don't worry. If you want I could drop you off?"

"What about Caitlin?" He was trying to be kind and that made me grin inside but Aaron dropping me off would cause a war between him and my father.

"I can call the nanny to watch her."

"It's okay, I need to take my car back anyway so..." My voice trailed off as an awkward silence began to set it.

"Well, text me when you get home safe and have a good day I guess." I nodded and turned to leave when something was pulling me back in.

What the fuck was that?

"You're not my dad Aaron,"

"No, but I could be your daddy." I rolled my eyes, yet smiled, at his sexual joke. I did secretly miss them.

"I'm serious, that was...really weird. I mean it shouldn't be weird between us right, we're friends, we should talk like friends do."

"So, what would a friend say?" He frowned in confusion. I shook my head and smiled, before waking over to him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Goodbye friend," I muttered, pecking his cheek.

"Goodbye friend." He repeated, whispering into my ear, and causing my body to shiver slightly from the sound of his husky voice in the morning.