Chapter |35| Paris I

K I A R A ' S   P.O.V

I was dressed in a white eyelet dress, that had thin spaghetti straps and a modest sweetheart neckline. The chain my parents had bought me for my thirteenth birthday, sat around my neck, the small diamond sitting perfectly between my breasts.

Matching earrings hung down, heavy on my ears, and I was wearing flat sandals. A bold choice considering my dark knight was at six foot three, and I was barely 5,6. 

"Hmm, you look beautiful Princess." Aaron grinned into my neck, staring at our reflection in the mirror. I smiled when he started to kiss my neck, his lips trailing further down.

It was only when he started to tug my straps down, did I realise what he was doing.

"Uh uh, no. We are going." I pulled away from, rolling my eyes when he pouted. I grabbed my phone and bag, looping it over my head.

"Here," For some reason, he loved me in his clothes after last night, so he made me promise to wear his leather jacket this morning. Not that I cared, the snug soft leather was a much better alternative than the rough denim I was going to wear instead.

He helped me put it on, my body looking as though it was being drowned by black leather but the intoxicating aroma smelt drove my senses into a state of pure ecstasy, just like him.

I wasn't allowed any say in where we went today, but I didn't mind. I would go anywhere with this man, because I knew that I safe from all my terrible demons with him.

We took a train into the centre of Paris, and I felt an overwhelming sense of confusion when he dragged me into the Musée d'Orsay. Apparently Aaron had come to Paris several times on business trips and this was the one place he always visited, because and I quote, 'I find I can lose myself in the visual expressive arts, simply wandering the halls and staring at the art from some of the greats.'

It's fair to say, I was surprised.

Aaron was an art buff, no scratch that, he's actually an art major.

"I wanted a change, and for some reason art had always been something that interested me. I can't draw, nor can I paint but I can look. I find that I can simply stare at a painting for hours at a time, and never get bored once. I like to trace every stroke of a brush with my eyes, like watch the colours merge together and create something spectacular. Art is fascinating."

I've never been one to fancy art geeks, but Aaron was turning me one with just the passion he spoke with. I found myself drawn closer and closer to him, clinging onto his every word.

"How did I not know this?" He smiled, as we rounded the corner in a different exhibition.

"I keep it hidden, it's not exactly a key trait of a gang leader. Besides, it's no-one's business but my own. Not even Tristan knows, only Caitlin really. I've taken her to the MET and a few independent galleries that I support."

"You support galleries?" He shrugged.

"They need funding some how and I've found myself falling in love with some of the artwork they produce. Art is underrated. It's a form of speech, expression. You could practically determines ones thoughts and feelings from a simple picture."