Chapter |41| Daddy

K I A R A ' S P.O.V

"Daddy, I know you must still be angry but..."

He held up his hand. I fell silent, and watched as he clenched his jaw so tightly he looked as though he was in pain.

"I'm not angry, I'm disappointed. Because you went, and I know your mother helped you, trust me we've argued about it for far too long but you disobeyed me Kiara. You left with a man, you know I still consider my enemy."

That was it in a nutshell.

"But why is he your enemy? Because...he's got power and money. Aaron can help you and you can help him and you can get to know each other more and see how much good of a guy he is."

"I don't care if he's the Pope, no-one is good enough for my little girl." I felt my heart crack a little. My dad cursed under his breath, as if he didn't mean to say. As if saying it, suddenly made him look weak and vulnerable.

"Dad, just because I'm with Aaron and just because I'm not a virgin anymore or not the perfect image you had of me, I'm still always going to be your little girl. All I want to do right now, is come home and move on from all of this. You just have to accept who I am now." I teared up, plastering a watery smile on my face.

I felt like I was slowly breaking through, but then any emotion was wiped off his face completely and the mask he put on whenever he dealt with business, came on.

"What if I can't accept it?" The million dollar question, and I had no fucking clue how to answer it.

In that moment, my brothers came sprinting into the room. "Kiwi, you're back." Kai rushed forward to hug me, but Kieron hauled him back and Kalen stood in the corner, face displaying my nothing but bitter coldness towards me.

"I don't know because I think I'm falling in love with him, and I am not ready to lose him yet." There it was. The truth. The thing was though, the truth just seemed to screw everything up nowadays.

"In love?" He scoffed, completely disregarding my fragile state of mind right now. "You're 18, you don't know what love is."

I hated that. When parents just assumed that they know better because they were older. Well guess what, if he wanted a fight, he was getting one.

"Mum was 18 when she married you, she was 18 when she had Kieron, 18 when she fell in love. So what, you're telling me her feelings weren't real because of her age?"

"Don't sass me young lady, that's completely different."

"How? How is that different? Because it sounds the fucking same to me dad!"

"Watch your language!" He screamed back, pointing his finger straight at me. I merely laughed in his face.

"I'm 18 dad, I can swear and kiss guys and date and fall in love because I'm not a kid. I may not be 26 and have a job or know what I want to do with my life but, I know that my future right now has Aaron in it. That's the only thing I want, the only thing I need is him."

My mother stepped forward, placing her warm hand on my shoulder for support. "Let it go Ryder, our daughter has grown up. She's ready to make her own decisions."