Chapter |3| Bodyguard

K I A R A ' S   P.O.V

"No way!" I screamed, storming out of the room.

My brothers and mum all looked my way with worry, plastered all over their faces, but Tristan had the audacity to fucking smile.

"Kiara, my office now." I stared him down and in turn he did the same.

Father and daughter were facing off, causing the room to grow tense. Neither of us blinked but of course, I gave up. He was my dad and angry or not, I would hear him out.

I begrudgingly followed him into his office and took a seat on the small leather chair facing his desk.

"I know this not ideal and you probably hate it,"

"You got that right." I muttered, interrupting him and earning a glare.

"But it has to be done. The danger surrounding us Kiara is very real, my enemies will want to try and hurt me in every way, including kidnapping or even murdering my daughter."

"Well, what about Kieron, Kale and Kai? Do they not deserve babysitting either? Or is it because I'm girl? Because daddy, I can easily fend for myself and take down any guy who tries to even touch me without permission."

"I know that sweetheart and it's mostly for my peace of mind. Kale, Kieron and Kai hardly ever leave the house and if they do, they are always with either me or your uncles or my men. You however have no-one, not even a driver." I looked away from him in annoyance.

"You're so stubborn Kiara, just like your mother." He chuckled.

"Hey, I take that as a compliment." I snapped, angry that he was insulting mum too.

"As it was meant to be. I love both my girls with all my heart and after being married to your mother for over twenty years now, I know every single one of her amazing qualities. Her stubbornness being one of them." He took a breath. "Kiara, please. It may not even be for that long, only until we eliminate the threat."

"Dad, we're in a gang it's never going to be safe." It was time to bring out the big guns. "Please, don't do this. Please," I pulled out the  puppy dog eyes and pouted. My eyes glistened with crocodile tears and I stared down at my lap.

"Kiara you won't even know he's there, you can just go about your normal day. Come on sweetheart, do it for your old man." I sighed, finally giving up.

"Okay, let's compromise. He can follow me around school and to other places but not when I go out with my friends." He opened his mouth to speak, when I quickly interjected.

"No daddy, that's fair."

"Okay, it's a deal." I smiled and ran over to give him a hug.

"I love you daddy."

"I love you too and you can take my card so you can go shopping after school." I grinned as I snatched the black cared out his hand.

"Thank you daddy," I pecked his cheek, before walking back into the living room.

My mum seemed to let a sigh of relief out as she saw the smile on my mouth but it dropped immediately when I saw Tristan waiting patiently on the couch.