Chapter |17| Red

K I A R A ' S P.O.V

I saw red when I caught Tristan in my bedroom, snooping through my closet. Suddenly every single thought of getting back together with him, and the kiss we had just shared, went flying out the window.

"What the hell are you doing in my room?" He clenched his jaw in fury, causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

Why the fuck was he angry?

"Why do you have Aaron's number?" He retorted, his voice scarily quiet. I felt my heart stop as I noticed the small piece of appear in his hands that he was slowly crushing.

"I..I..um.." There was really no excuse. And he knew it.

"When did you see him?" I had to tell him the truth, and that meant about everything. Even if he hated me afterwards.

"That night I came back to the house with blood on my dress. You were in my room."

I recalled every moment from the fateful night. The way that disgustingly drunk man tried to rape me, his fingers scraping against my bare skin, from the gunshot that saved me from that terrible fate, to seeing Aaron for the first time in years, to feeling his body pressed against, the way he apologised and asked for my forgiveness, the way I gave it to him, to the shame I felt seeing Tristan after meeting Aaron, to the utter humiliation and rejection that consumed me when Tristan denied my advances.

"It's been that long?" He sounded broken. And I caused that. "Were you with him last night when you went to see Elizabeth?"

How the fuck did he...she told him. Of course she did. Fuck, if I didn't like the bitch so much I would have killed her.

"Yes." I didn't have the energy to lie anymore.

"Why?" He gulped, waiting for my answer, and I glanced up at him with tears eyes.

"Because I needed help to find her and...Aaron is the only person I know who would do that. He was really kind to me Tristan and I didn't hurt Elizabeth, she actually turned out to be really nice."

"Were you jealous?" I recalled the pure anger and jealously I felt, it was as if every part of my body was coursing with the desire to kill her.

"A part of me was and a part of me was hurt that you wanted someone else over me." It hurt to admit it, but it was true.

"Fuck, Kiara I will always want you. More than I want Elizabeth, it's just...she was there. She listened to my problems about you and my feelings. She had her own shit going on and we bonded over the fact that we hurt the people we love. The sex helped me control the carnal desire so feel towards you, so I can actually control myself. It was never about replacing you, it was about moving on with my life. Whether that be with you or...alone."

I couldn't blame him, I used sex too. To forget, to find an ounce of pleasure amongst the wave of pain I felt. Maybe me and Tristan were too alike in that sense?

"Aaron will..."

"Tristan I...he's changed. He's not trying to hurt me anymore." I wanted Tristan to see that maybe everything could go back to how it used to be. With me and Tristan together, with Aaron as our friend. I wanted that life again.

"But he's trying to hurt me." I frowned in confusion as he walked over to my bed and sat down. Copying his movements, I perched besides him. "He's been sending me messages Kiara, he want revenge on me for leaving the gang." I shook my head furiously.

Aaron wouldn't do that, he's changed. How well do you really know him though Kiara? I was entranced by his charm for sure but, was I really that blind to see the truth?