Chapter 49| A Mother's Intuition

G A B I ' S P.O.V

I'm lying on the bed, again wasting away the day. I wanted to call my little girl but she wasn't answering. Her phone was going straight to voicemail.

My entire body felt weak from lack of eating. I just couldn't stomach anything, not knowing where my baby was. Ryder was slowly coming doing to the idea of allowing Kiara back into our lives, but the problem was that he shouldn't be coming around to it.

He doesn't get to decide when my baby is allowed back into her home. It's the typical male ego. He's stubborn, used to getting his own way in the business world and now he thinks he can control his family too.

I hate the fact that he practically turned Kieron into a carbon copy of him. Kalen was a little better and I know he's dating someone, who? I wasn't quite sure yet, but I would figure it out soon.

Kai was...well Kai. Outgoing, abrupt, fun. I don't know where he got his crude humour from but I'm glad he has it. It's what makes him different.

Then there's Kiara, with her attitude and confidence that make me proud of the young woman I raised.

I love all my children and I know Ryder does too, he just has difficulty expressing it.

Enough was enough though. Our baby girl was coming home today.

I got up and stormed out of my new room, heading straight to his office. All three of my sons were sat on the couch, my husband seated opposite then, a glass of scotch in his hand.

"Gabi, what are you..."

"Kiara is coming home." I stated, cutting him off. My sons sat up a little straightener, tensing up, and Ryder, clenched his jaw, setting down the glass.

"Gabi, I'm not ready yet."

"I don't care." He stood up, his face matching my equally furious expression. "You are acting like stubborn toddler, worse actually, because even a child would eventually give up on a stupid grudge."

"This is my house. What I say goes." A humourless laugh left my mouth. I shouldn't be doing this in-front of my sons, I know that.

No matter how old your children are, you should never perform your martial disputes in-front of them but Ryder needed to know that I mean business.

No more second chances, this was it.

"Ryder Romano, if you don't allow our baby girl back into our house then...I want a divorce." Everyone in the room drilled, even my heart stopped as I uttered the word.

A divorce for Ryder and I was something I could had never even considered of in all our blissful years of marriage. We were that couple that were going to be together forever, or at least that's what I thought.

Now though, everything had changed.

Ryder had hurt my baby, and no-one, not even my husband could tell me that I can't see my own child.

"Divorce? Gabi, tell me this is some kind of sick joke?" A desperate plea. It was exactly what I wanted. Ryder needed to see the error of his ways and by leaving my home, just for a short while, it would help him see that.

"It's not. I want Kiara back home and I want you to treat her as you always have...with love, and care. She needs her family and I need my little girl back so I'm leaving."

"Mum!" Kieron exclaimed, but I motioned for him to stay quiet. This was between me and Ryder.

"Where will you go?"