Chapter |13| Midnight Talks

K I A R A ' S P.O.V

I slowly swung my leg out the open window and began to climb down. It was midnight, meaning the guards were about to switch shifts, giving me the perfect slot to sneak out.

All the guards were completely loyal to my father, so even if I begged or flashed them my tits, they would snitch to him. It was just how the mafia world worked. Loyalty was key, and the most important quality you could have.

To have your loyalty questioned was a matter of offence, and not to be taken lightly. Luckily for me, I was the loyalist bitch around. I would die for the mafia, as would everyone else in my family.

Pulling out my keys, I unlocked my car and slid in, putting it into stealth mode. I smoothly drove down to the gate, and quickly typed in the code, which made the gate slowly slide open. I tapped my manicured nails against the steering wheel impatiently and then gunned it, as soon as there was a wide enough gap.

I watched in the side view mirrors as it closed shut behind me, just as the new guards walked out.

Fuck, I was lucky.

Typing in the address I was given earlier today, I followed the instructions, which took me to
straight to Brooklyn. I was surprised by the suburban neighbourhood that I was in. The streets looked clean, the houses looked grand and there was no sight of any sort of criminal behaviour whatsoever.

Not what you would expect a man of his status to live in, that's for sure.

Pulling up outside a large domestic looking house, I stared at it in confusion. Double checking the address, I sighed and slumped back into my seat.

What the hell was going on?

I got out the car, slamming the door shut, and ran up to the front door. Knowing twice, I stood back and waited patiently. Heavy footsteps could be heard, thudding down a set of stairs, and I braced myself as he opened up the door.

"Princess, are you okay?" Popping his head out the door, he looked left and right, before yanking me into the house. Patting me down, as if searching for injuries, his eyes scanned my body carefully.

"What's going on? Is someone after you? Is it Tristan? What did that bastard do this time?" A million questions left his mouth all at once which caused me to press my finger to lips.

"Shhh, I'm fine. No-one's trying to kill me Aaron." He let out a sigh of relief, running his hand through his thick wavy locks which were wet and tousled on top of his head.

Fuck, he'd just been in the shower. Naked and wet. Wet and naked. Uhhh, I definitely need led to get laid after this.

"Then why did you call me saying you needed my help, practically force me to give you my address, and just hang up." I shrugged, walking further into the house, that looked perfect for a poster family.

"I like being dramatic. It's fun."

"It's fun? It's fun? Princess, I was going out of my goddamn mind and almost called your father, then remembered that he hates my guts and will most likely murder me for even speaking to you." I chuckled, running my hand along the freshly painted walls.

"Who lives here?" I assumed he'd just killed the poor family who lives here and taken up residence for a mission, or something.