Chapter |25| Inebriated Mind

K I A R A ' S   P.O.V

It's been a three weeks since my date with Aaron and I could still feel his lips touching mine. I remember every single part of it so vividly, every stroke of our lips, the merge of our tongues, the placement of his hands.

It was one of the best kisses of my life, definitely topping our first drunken one.

The moment I took control and smashed our lips together, everything slowly fell into place. Immediately he asserted this dominance over me, and grabbed a fistful of my hair, turning the kiss into a passionate make out. At some point I had climbed onto his lap, the whole of New York behind me as our tongues slid over each other others, deepening the already perfect kiss.

It was everything.

Then, he dropped me off at home leaving me to the vultures. My father, as usual, berated me with a twenty minute lecture since I had ditched my clueless guards.

Only after he stormed out in a rage, did my mum come running over to me, and I gushed over the date. Replaying ever moment in my head, as I told her everything.

Well, not everything. I conveniently left out the part about me agreeing to be Aaron's lover, but I told her about the kiss. It was a strange thing, talking to my mom about boys since I had never done it before but now I wanted to tell her everything. I wanted to share this part of my life with her.

I told Tessa obviously and I even told Tristan about our kiss. I figured if I was being honest with Aaron about my feelings for Tristan, I should be honest with Tristan too. I still didn't let slip about the lovers part though, it wasn't like I told Aaron about our steamy moment in the lake.

So far, Tessa was the only one who knew the whole truth.

I was surprised that Tristan didn't get angry, instead he simply said it's fine and walked out the room. I half expected him to be ignoring me but no, he's acting like the perfect gentleman.

Me and Aaron have been texting since our date, and made plans to meet up at his house on Wednesday. I know it's been three weeks and in that time he's probably fucked at least ten girls, but we've both been so busy. Me with school and him with the gang.

I was looking forward to Wednesday though, I was practically bursting in anticipation!

The bell sounded, shocking me back to reality. I groaned, grabbing my bag, and making my way outside to the courtyard. Me and Tessa were planning to ditch fourth period and go to Starbucks, fortunately for me.

Before I could even reach the main hallway though, I was grabbed and yanked into a dark closet. My instincts immediately told me something was wrong, since Tristan no longer went to school, and I quickly elbowed whoever was behind me in the throat.

A choked guttural noise left the idiot, who thought it was a good idea to try and kidnap me. I reached forward, clicking the lights on, and turning around with my fists raised high.

I let out a sigh when I saw my so called intruder, and let my fists drop. "What the hell are you doing Sawyer? You can't just pull me into a closet whenever you want?"

"Kiara..." He slurred, his eyes bright red, underlined with dark circles.

"Sawyer, you're drunk and high? God, you haven't been to school in forever and now you show up like this?" I took a breath, in an effort to calm myself down. "Is because of what was said the last time we were together? Because I'm sorry but you're just going to have to get over it and move on with your life."