Chapter |2| Damned Fate

K I A R A ' S P.O.V

He looked exactly the same, yet completely different all at once.

His fair skin had tanned slightly, his once short cropped hair was now longer, brushing against the nape of his neck, and he was stronger. The muscles on his arms had grown, and there was no doubt in my mind, that his six pack, had grown to an eight. Tattoos coated every inch of his perfect body and I gasped as my eyes drunk in the beautiful ink.

It was his eyes though. It was his eyes that made me melt into a puddle and forget all the bad.

Those sparkling green orbs danced with excitement and his lips twitched up as he caught me staring.

"I missed you baby-girl, glad to see you missed me too."

That voice. That stupid fucking voice, reminded me of the voicemail I had heard countless times over the years. The phone number that never answered.

A crack resonated throughout the hallway. It was only when I felt a stinging pain in my plan did I register what had just happened.

I hit him. I actually hit him.

Tristan slowly turned his head back to me. Shock and hurt was written all over his face, which just made my hand itch for more.

"So you are real.What the fuck are you doing in my house?" I screeched, preparing to go full assassin on his sexy ass.

Damn it, I couldn't even threaten him without giving him a compliment. He did have a very sexy ass though.

"I work here." A humourless laugh left my mouth, as I pulled a gun out of my bra, and pointed it straight at him.

"Give me the real fucking reason, before I put a bullet between your eyes." It all happened in a blur.

One second I was standing there with all the power and the next he'd grabbed my gun, spun me around and wrapped an arm around my neck.

"Baby-girl, I thought you would have gotten better at this by now." I grinned.

"Oh I have." I whacked my head back, smashing it against his forehead and stamped on his foot. His grip loosened, so I went in with the final blow. Knee to the groin.

He keeled over and groaned, clutching his precious manhood.

"Okay I have to admit, that was good." He wheezed out and I snatched the gun back.

"Tell me what the fuck you're doing here?" I screamed just as the door behind me swung open.

Light poured out as my parents walked in. My mother was dressed in her usual satin night gown with her curls bunched up into a bun and my dad was wearing nothing but a shirt and boxers.

Ew.

"I found him here. He snuck in, want me to get Kieron so we can take him down the basement?" The one thing I would love to watch is Tristan being tortured by my most callous brother.

"Kia he's okay. He's allowed to be, it was a... misunderstanding." I dropped the pointed gun and stared at my father with angry eyes..

"A misunderstanding? He betrayed me..the gang, I mean the gang. He's a traitor and we put a bullet between a traitor's eyes daddy, you taught me that."

"I know sweetie, but not if they're valuable and can help us." I scoffed.

"Valuable? What the fuck can he give us?"

"Honey we'll explain tomorrow. It's late go to bed." My mum was leaving no room for debate, despite every cell in my body wanting me to stay.

Not just to find out the truth but to be closer to...him.