34 | The 'Run-Away' Bride

⚠ warning alert : violence and abuse ahead! (Idk how to warn lol)

All I know is you, heal me when I'm broken.
All I know is you saved me and you know it.

. . .

. . .

<<third person's p.o.v>>

11th May, 2002

"Kabir! Honey, c'mon dinner's ready!"

Her loud yet soft voice filled the walls of the dimly lit house as she slowly placed the plates and dishes on the table.

"Comin, maa!" He cried jogging towards the dining, His small hands delicately holding the little puppy safe in his arms.

She smiled at him with those swollen lips before saying. "It's Summer's bed time. Go keep him, wash your hands and call your brother too."

The 10 year old nodded at the first two orders his mother gave him but neither he nor his facial expressions could deny the fact that he was absolutely terrified with the last one.

'Call your brother.'

Those words made him shiver but he pushed those feelings aside and nodded.

Keeping the little baby retriever in it's kennel, he slowly leaned forward kissing it on the head, earning a good lick from the former before getting up and running to the sink to wash his hands.

His heart thudded in his chest as slowly knocked on the door to his brother's bedroom.

"What!?" Came the barking reply from the other side of the door making him shiver.

"Dinner's ready, brother." He said in his soft shivering voice.

"So? The fuck do I do? Feed you?" It wasn't a new experience for Kabir to feel the anger and irritation radiating from his brother. He knew him too well.

Too well for his liking. And too well for his own good.

"No, Maa's calling you."

"That bitch---" The little boy didn't bother to listen to the unethical colourful words that escaped his brother's lips for his mother as he quickly shut his ears with his tiny hands and ran to the dining.