15 | I Miss Her

Is it too late now to say sorry?
'Cause I'm missing more than just your body. Yeah, I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?

......

......

Chapter dedicated to:  olayinkamosimi
(Thank you Soo much for Voting sweetie!😘)

<<nuraan's p.o.v>>

"Nuraan?" I turned around only to be met with a very familiar face that looked at me with a surprised expression. I forced out a small smile.

"Hey, Mom." She frowned looking at me before coming closer and hitting me right on the arm. ouch. I rubbed the spot and looked at her chuckling

"When on Earth did you come back, Mister? Didn't you even bother informing us? I'm sure you didn't come home. Nor did you visit the mansion! Where were you! Did you tell anyone oh wait did you inform Raq---"

"Mom relax. I just came back yesterday." I said in my most calm voice to which she gasped

"Yesterday!?" She almost screamed before coming closer and continued

"You came back yesterday, yet you didn't come home. May I know the reason behind such irresponsible behavior of yours Nuraan Khan?" She was pissed at a different level.

"I was with Zunaim--"

"Why?" Oh, God. I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes before slightly massaging my temples with my thumb and index finger. "Mom please can we drop this?"
I was so not in a mood to explain anything to her moreover I had no idea of what to say. She sighed before finally calming down and taking my face in her palm as she looked back at me with concerned eyes.

"What is it Nuraan? Is there something I'm failing to understand?" I looked back at her for what seemed like an eternity but failed to bring out a word.

"You look tired, like you haven't had sleep for days. Is there something that's troubling you?"

Is there something that's troubling me? That question actually made me laugh from inside. Troubling me. Huh. Shouldn't it be is there something not troubling me. I knew everything that's happening now is basically the result of all the wrong choices that I had taken in my life. Everything. Starting from Anusha to Raqeeba. All I've ever done is take the worst decisions.