44 | Prey and Predator

DID I? DID I REALLY DO IT??

I GUESS I DID....

NOT EVEN GONNA APOLOGISE! I'VE DONE AN UNFORGIVABLE CRIME MY LOVES I KNOWWW IM SORRY BUT IM BACKKKK I SWEARR!!!

________

Love me or leave me alone
I know I'm not all you know
We woke out our past, God, I hope this lasts

________

______

<< Third Person's P.O.V>>

"A cop? That's what you think you are, huh?" Juhi snickered, her eyes trailing around the hall looking anywhere but at the person in whose arms she was currently dancing.

"Shut the fuck up, Malhotra." Laksh bit back, clearly annoyed at the woman, who by no means left any opportunity whatsoever to make him realise that her IQ was way more than that of his.

"Suck it up, Singhania. You're a lose--"

She stopped the moment her eyes landed on that of her best friend's tiny stature. The best friend who had always been the annoyingly beaming light of her life, the best friend who was one of the biggest reasons why she was never scared of losing anyone, because Raqeeba was the only person who taught her that no matter what, a little bit of will mixed with hope can forever save you from drowning.

The best friend who screamed "fearlessness and courage" is currently simmering away behind her man.

Juhi and Nausheen were the only people in their friend's group who had all these ideas about Raqeeba, starting from her name being Orvana, to her abusive father, the green-eyed man, and the Hussains. In fact, Juhi was the first person the seven-year-old had opened up to. Sure, they weren't sensible enough back then, but their bond of friendship passed the test of time in the blink of an eye until they sowed the seeds of being each other's strongest and oldest confidants.

She didn't miss the way her best friend lowered her gaze, the way she tightened her grip around her husband, or the way she was trying to calm her breathing down.

To others, this might look like just a random scenario, but this was Juhi Malhotra we were talking about, and the person she had her eyes on was none other than the sister she never had. And she knew Raqeeba way better than that. Seventeen years of friendship does that to you.

He didn't miss the way his oh-so-authoritative date stopped in the middle of her sentence, her brows turning into a frown, her eyes fixed on something behind him, and her grip on his shoulders turning hard. Of course, he wanted to ask, but he knew better than that. So instead of opening his mouth, the man just followed the gaze of his woman only to find it stopping on that of his best friend and his wife.