09 | First Morning

You're scared, I'm nervous
But I guess that we did it on purpose, on purpose, on purpose
Baby, I know it's weird, but it's worth it
'Cause I guess that we did it on purpose,

.....

.....

<<raqeeba's p.o.v>>

I woke up to the beats of drums. Or at least that's what I thought it was. I frowned at the loud march which was disturbing my sleep. Oh god! But what was funnier was that I could hear it just under my left ear only. Strange my pillow was now making sounds!

You have got to be kidding me!

I waited for the noise to slow down or stop, not bothering to open my eyes and check, but when it didn't. I did the only thing that came to my mind, something I always used to do back home when my speakers didn't work.

I groaned as I made my hand into a fist and hit on my pillow hard only to find it shaking vigorously this time.

"The fuck!"

I heard the loud sound of someone coughing which made my eyelids shot open and just as I did Nuraan pushed me away from him and held on to his chest with a painful expression in his face. My eyes widened at this.

Oh for fuck's sake don't tell me that I did it!

"Jesus woman what's wrong with you!" I slightly flinched at his loud voice. His face was red as he kept rubbing the area on his chest where I...um...punched? And kept glaring at me, or should I say partly glaring and partly thinking that I'm some mentally retarded psychopath. I'm sure it's the latter.

"I-I...umm.. I-I'm... I'm sorry?" I replied still confused about what I should say and well embarrassed at the same time.

"You're sorry?" He asked again. I was sitting on my knees by now as I kept my gaze down while fidgeting with my hands. I nodded as I could feel my cheeks burning.

"What were you thinking anyway?" He asked. This time my eyes met his and I knew this was my chance to explain.

Yeah, I can explain!

No no no no Raqeeba. Don't go there. Please he didn't ask for a fucking speech!

Shut up!

"Actually the thing was that when I came to sleep here yesterday, you weren't here, not that I'm saying you can't come here like of course, you can! But the thing was that the idea of you sleeping here never came across my sleepy mind so when I was sleeping I didn't realize that those drum-like beatings could be someone's heartbeats and weren't exactly what I thought it to be y'know... Like horses running and all... That's what I thought haha. That just makes me wonder why was I sleeping on your chest anyway? But whatsoever... Sooo I thought of stopping those drumbeats which were actually your heartbeats but I didn't know about, like if I did, then I would never beat your chest with my fist like some caveman, huh? Soo as a conclusion I punched it in a hope to make drumbeats or horses stop and let me sleep!"