05 | Unfaithful Apology

They tell me that you mean it

Then you go and cut me down, but wait

You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around, and say
That it's too late to apologize
It's too late.

.....

.....

<<nuraan's p.o.v>>

"What do you mean I don't have to come? Let me remind you Ms. Ahuja, the next time you 'think' of instructing me that way, would be the last time you stay at my damn workplace." I said more like barked at my PA over the phone.

What's with everyone trying to instruct me?

"S-sorry Sir, I didn't mean it that way. I just-- I was just saying that you don't have to go there just the day after your wedding." She stammered.

"Well then stop saying what I am suppose to do and just stick with your work before you lose it." I didn't wait for her to reply as I quickly cut the call. God.

Why is the day not ending yet?

I closed my eyes as today's event passed through them. I'm married... To a girl I don't even know properly.

Today was officially the worst day of my life and there's no doubt about it.

I know I will never be able to love her. Irrespective of the fact that this heart is already taken by a betrayer.

Then why did you marry her? The question itself was enough to make guilt flood through me. I regret it. I regret the day I met her. She doesn't deserve this. If only I wouldn't have met her that day. If only our parents didn't get the wrong idea. Then she would've been with someone who'd love her. And not me.

To her this is some business deal which cost her her life but to me... To me, it was a rebound. This marriage was a rebound. I feel pathetic was an understatement.

How could I be that selfish?

I clenched my jaw as I felt a presence behind me. Her presence.