36 | Maa

Always thought I was hard to love till you made it seem so easy.

.  .  .

.  .  .

<<nuraan's p.o.v>>

6 Days Ago
[the same night after the phone call.]

"I told you not to call me on this number!?" I couldn't help but speak through gritted teeth at the person on the other side of the phone as I slammed the door to my room shut.

"I-I'm sorry, Kabi--"

"Don't fuckin call me that!" I sneered. There was silence for a while before he spoke again.

"You were right." I frowned. "What?"

I could feel the way he took a deep breath before letting out the words I wished he wouldn't.

"He's back."

. . .

A smile formed on my lips as I looked at her peaceful glowing face in the dim lights of dawn.

Serene.

That's the only word I could think of every time I looked at her. Everything about her made me want to set her on a pedestal and guard that beautiful heart that lies within her feisty self.

She was shy yet bold, soft yet strong-willed, fragile in a minute and tough in the other, she was someone you'd forever wish to protect, but at the same time you know she's capable enough to face her battles herself, she doesn't fear showing her vulnerable side unlike me, in fact, she knows how to embrace it and most of it all...

She's not afraid to walk away.

She. My wife. Was what I would call life itself - wild, free, wonderfully chaotic and a perfectly put together mess.

Her kindness, generosity and understanding nature could turn a lot of shady souls into something great for it's probably not difficult to dance to the sounds of her chirpy voice. After all, she was the flower that can still grow after the forest fire.

I took a deep breath as I looked at that very familiar rosy cheeks, chubby baby face with a pout on her lips, eyes closed, making her long lashes touch her cheekbones, small hands joined and placed under her right cheek and hips stuck up in the air.