46 | The Butterfly and The Moth

If we're going down together, better take another hit
We won't be here forever so let's make the best of it

Chapter dedicated to: @hanabe09 and @khubanfatima thank you soo much and love love love you both!

<<raqeeba's p.o.v>>

"Told you he doesn't love you." Was all he said and before I know his hand grabbed mine as he dragged me away and out of the room pushing me through the opposite doors, switching on the lights.

And just like that my world came crashing down as I looked at the duo in front of me, theirs arms wrapped around each other.

"I love you, Anu." He said, "I love you too, Nuraan." She replied.

This couldn't have been better.

Pressing my lips together, I tried my hardest to hold back the emotions that rushed through my veins.

Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Were the only three words that I kept chanting in my head. My breathing becoming heavy the moment I felt Rudra leaning closer to me, his breath hitting the right side of my ear. 

"Now that hurt, didn't it?" He whispered making me let out a small gasp.

Don't lose your damn character, Raqeeba! I thought sucking in a breath, opening my eyes as wide as possible, before raising my hands and clapping thrice at the lovers in front of me. 

"Wow," I breathed out.

Almost immediately I could see Anusha pull away from his grasp, her wide staring back at me with horror while mine locked with that of my husband's.

My heart broke looking at the unfazed and void expression stuck up on his as his eyes shifted from that of mine to the guy standing beside him.

"Wow," I said again. "What a fucking pleasant surprise," I whispered moving closer to him.

The tears I had been waiting for, I mean holding back finally making their way down my eyes.

 He didn't say anything, as he simply rested his hands on his pockets before licking the bottom of his lips and slowly closing the distance between us.

"A surprise indeed. Just like yours," He whispered back.

My eyes stung at the audacity of this man in front of me. Was I really that fucking wrong about him? Was everything that we ever had just a damn lie for him? Was it all just for show?