35 | We'll Never Know

It's like everyday, I'm kicking rocks
I could fly away, but you got me at a complete stop

. . .

. . .

<<raqeeba's p.o.v>>

"Why did you change your name, Kabir?"

The look in his face screamed about the amount of shock he got from my words as he stared down at me from a distance with his mouth slightly agape and face turning the whitest shade possible.

"Wh-what?" I could see the way his jaw clenched as he tried his best to stay firm and not let his guards down. Why? Just why can't he trust me with his secrets? After all I'm at least a little part of his family too now.

I'm not saying that I want him to open up to me immediately like it's nothing but all I want is for him to is at least trust me a little with his past or his fears. Sure I have my own share of flashbacks I haven't told him about yet. Not because I don't want to or not because I can't it's because we've never gotten a chance to know each other at a deeper level.

He has always been guarded when it comes to his emotions and I absolutely respect that but at the same time I can't deny the fact that deep down I crave for that 'connect'. That deep down I, myself want to let it all out too. That deep down I want myself to be close enough to someone where I can trust them with the darker side of my life, with the side I hide. I want to let him know the girl who resides behind the name 'Raqeeba'. I want to be vulnerable for once and not be judged or pitied about it.

I know that it doesn't matter how much he hurts me because no matter what every time he wants a shoulder to cry on I'll be there. It's just that someday I want him to be there for me too. Which I know is wrong. Because let's face it.

Expectations hurt.

I looked into those orbs which slightly made my insides shiver. This was probably those rare days where I couldn't see the man all guarded when it came to his emotions. Instead I saw kid. Or a way younger version of Nuraan right in front of me.

Something about those baby blue eyes screamed vulnerability and fear as he looked at me and at that moment all I wanted to do was to go ahead and coo him in my arms but instead I just walked forward stopping right beside him and taking the envelope which had a beautiful 'Kabir' inked on it.

I have to do this first.

I could feel the way he froze as I took out the pictures from inside of the envelope making me eyes widened with surprise as I let out a shaky breath, and slowly read the note provided with it.