38 | The Promise and Plus One

You guys... I always try to dedicate a chapter to one of you as and when possible. (Mostly to the ones who comment) for it gets easier to remember your names. I'm so sorry if I'm missing your names out even after that... ALL of you are very very dear to me.

Kindly leave a heart '❤' right here. ---->>

P.S : I LOOVE YOU ALLL!

__________

I need somebody who can love me at my worst. No, I'm not perfect, but
I hope you see my worth.

. . .

. . .

<<raqeeba's p.o.v>>

It had been an hour since I had just been sitting on his lap with my head resting on his chest and his back leaned on the headboard with arms were wrapped around me in a secure position.

Today was the first time I saw him cry and he went on for straight 3 hours. I didn't stop him, I didn't move away and nor did he. Even after that. We just sat there in each other's arms feeling calm and peaceful in the silence that surrounded us.

I didn't ask him anything nor did I want to. If he wanted then he would tell me himself right? I don't want to pressurise him or something.

"My maa left me when I was 10."

I froze the moment those words escaped his mouth making me forget how to breathe. Slowly looking up from his chest, I could see the way his jaw clenched before his eyes finally met mine.

"No." He said shaking his head.

"She was murdered when I was 10."

A gasp escaped my mouth the moment those words registered in my brain, I didn't know what to say or how to react.

"I-in front of me. By her husband. On this day... Eighteen years back."

Tears filled my eyes at the newly found information that he let out in front of me, making me gulp hard.

"An-and I couldn't do anything about it. It's my faul--" I held his hands stopping him from continuing as I looked into his eyes.

"You don't have to do this."

I didn't want him to say everything just for the sake of saying. I don't want him to feel pressured.