16 | Husband and Her

No, I don't wanna know
Where you been or where you're goin'
But I know I won't be home
And you'll be on your own

......

.....

<<raqeeba's p.o.v>>

I looked at the kids as they laughed with so much joy. I'm not a kid fan with all honesty. In fact, I hate those unnecessarily nagging and crying kids but these Angels here were so much fun like literally.

I saw as they kept mimicking cartoon characters or their parents or some even their teachers. They were a bunch of witty minions. And I loved it!

Everything was going perfectly fine until loud gasps filled the hall making all ears perk up. I frowned as I saw a crowd starting to gather at the very end of the corridor.

Seriously. Who fights in a function for calling out loud?

I didn't give much attention to it. "Beeba." I felt Tabish nudge me. "It's a fight!" He whisper shouted. I rolled my eyes at him. "For calling out loud T. Exactly it's a fight, what's so exciting about it." He gave me the are you serious look. "The fact that it is a fight is exciting." I scoffed at him before saying. "What kind of a hatemonger are you, bitch" He just rolled his eyes before saying. "I'm going."

I shook my head at him before continuing to look around and that's when my eyes landed on Zunaim. He was also taking slow steps towards the crowd when all of a sudden his eyes widened and as if something had struck him, he ran towards the scene. This for some unknown reason sent a ray of panic within me.

Could it be...

No no no. I got up from my seat and just as I started I spotted Nushra with her arms wrapped around a somewhat familiar figure. I frowned and walking closer I figured who she was.

Anusha.

She was weeping. Oh, God. I could feel my heart beating faster with every step I took.

"You don't touch what's mine!" There. I heard it. I heard a voice I hadn't heard in months. It's strange how I can still recognize it.

He's here.

And I wish he wasn't.

Clenching my jaw I slowly made my way through the pool of people and as if everyone wanted me to see the commotion being caused they themselves made place for me. Just as I was in front of the scene a loud shriek escaped my mouth as a body came right at my feet, making me move backward and stumble a little.

"Oh my God." I breathed out keeping my hand on my mouth as my eyes zeroed on the lying figure right in front of me. Blood oozed out from his mouth as he coughed hard and looked up making my eyes widen.