08 | The Only Thing I Need

I know I said, "Goodbye," and, baby, you said it too
But when I touch her, I feel like I'm cheating on you
I thought that I'd be better when I found someone new
But when I touch her, I feel like I'm cheating on you

.....

......

<<nuraan's p.o.v>>

Fucking hell.

I can't believe that I actually thought that this girl would be those quiet and shy type who doesn't speak. Cause well... Let's just admit it she speaks....A LOT!

I rested my head back on the head of the Couch as I simply closed my eyes, I pinched the bridge of my nose as I could feel a headache coming up. I stayed there roted at my spot until I heard the door of the walk-in creak a bit open, but I did not bother opening my eyes and continued to stay static. After what took like hours I could here those slow sounds of someone tiptoeing around the room and it doesn't take a genius to know who it was.

I slowly opened my eyes but did not bother moving an inch. Her head bobbed from left to right before she did a mixture of tiptoeing and hopping around the room and finally plopped herself on the bed without a thud? How much does she weighs again? I saw her make a blissful expression before she threw herself back and within seconds she was dead asleep.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the animated character she was as I slightly shook my head. I looked at the time to find it's 1 in the morning. I look back at my laptop to see the upgradation still going on. After going through the entire stock exchanges for today I wait for my it's completion and just rest my head back. I could feel my eye lids get heavy which was so rare nowadays and I was thankful so before I know I was already fast asleep.

Can this day get any longer?

.....

My eyes shot open the moment I heard a faint scream. I looked around until my eyes landed on the small petite figure with a panic expression covering her features. Her eyes were still closed but she kept muttering something which with all honesty wasn't clear to my ears. Her hands in a fist as she kept it close to he chest.

I jolted up from my seat cursing under my breath as I jogged to the bed. My brows frowned looking at her face which was glistening with sweat.

"No. Please please please Dad." She kept repeating those words and throwing her hands around in an attempted to probably push someone away.