18 | Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup

The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad
If we got each other, and that's all we have
I will be your lover, and I'll hold your hand
You should know I'll be there for you

.....

......

<<raqeeba's p.o.v>>

"Nuraan!"

I turned my head towards the direction from where the sound came from only to find Anusha as she almost ran her way towards our direction or should I say I his direction.

Her shoulder brushed through mine making me slightly stumble back and before I know her arms wrapped around Nuraan's neck and I felt him freeze slightly. Taking a glance at his hand my eyes met his only to find him looking back at me.

I frowned when I saw him softly push her away and curtly nod at her.

What's with the pretend? As if he wasn't with her for 3 months already...

Wait... Was he?

Clearing my throat I said. "I'll go change."

With that without any other word I turned on my heels and headed upstairs towards my room. Securing my hair with a hair tie in a high bun I took a quick cold bath and got dressed in a simple white cotton crop top and pajama shorts. I braided my hair and got on my flip-flops before flapping down the stairs making weird sounds with them.

 I braided my hair and got on my flip-flops before flapping down the stairs making weird sounds with them

Who else likes making sounds with their shoes?

I have some weird fetish for these.

Hopping and flapping down I saw the living room empty. I made my way straight to the kitchen, taking out the frozen chicken from the fridge, I chop onions, carrots and celery. After what seemed like an hour I could finally smell the mouth watering smell of my so called creamy chicken wild rice soup. Not to brag but it smells delicious. I mentally patted myself at the back, Juliette will be proud of me and I sure as hell will make this for her once she's back from visiting her son's place.