044 | 𝙳𝚎𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚊~𝚆𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

The timeline is when Deidara's still young before he's in the Akatsuki. Then there's the timeline when he's in the Explosion Corps.

     Legend: (F/n) = friend name, lines that are italic are optional for you to read.

     You weren't in the mood, you were never in the mood. 

     You sat alone on the academy's bench, feet dangling just inches above the ground as you watched your classmates play around in the large schoolyard. You never had the urge to join them because, well, to put it bluntly, you were that basic, sometimes angsty young girl who was 'invisible' to others. However, you had one person in your class that you call your rival or just full-on enemy. Though sometimes you had to re-think that name since he can sometimes be kind too, and judging by his past, you sometimes also had a soft spot for him.

     A boy with blue eyes and long rich golden blond hair which he wore hanging down freely with a bang hanging over his left eye. He donned a blue and grey kimono jacket with a fishnet under-shirt inside and pants with sandals and a belt similar to an obi. 

     Deidara. Also known as the damned troublemaker. 

     He was a rather artistic and calm fellow in your opinion. Deidara usually showed a cool, and relaxed manner, never losing his smirk even while being scolded by the teachers. But oh, no. His personality seemed to change drastically when someone talks dirty about his sculptures.  The white sculptures he'd make with his clay to scare off some of the girls in our class by them coming to life. From birds to spiders, he could control them like how puppeteers control their puppets. 

     Nonetheless, you two were (like you said) aren't made for one another. This is because of one incident back before the academy. He was ranting about his clay models and how precise he could manipulate them. You were (of course) getting annoyed and bored, but you kept your cool. Not long after, you accidentally let a sarcastic comment about his art slip out of your parted lips. And let's just say, Deidara back then would always take things seriously, take things to heart, so of course, he took it as seriously as usual.

     At first, it seemed like he was being a drama queen about "how one could never understand the meanings of art!" that it's fleeting, en explosion. Soon after that day, he felt out of reach, you immediately regretted your comment.

     The bell rang and you reluctantly left the bench. Unfortunately, you weren't paying attention to where you were going and bumped into him, Deidara. But apologized whilst cursing underneath your breath, but he took this as a challenge. 

     "I'm sorry," you mumbled. "I bumped into the wrong thing." you finished as inaudible as you could. Unfortunately...

     "Oh, really? Well twelve years ago your mother gave birth to the wrong thing!" he shouted loud enough so everyone in the yard could hear.

     He knew your weakness was your mother, dead mother. You rarely talked about her but he knew very well.

     "Deidara! (Y/n)! Principal's office now!" our teacher called both of you from the school's entrance and we had detention, of course. You and Deidara stayed there for a good hour, the principal gave the two of you a lecture about "How it's wrong to say those things to others" possibly another way to say it's wrong to stand up for yourself in Deidara's language. Your father was later called to pick you up, and he was not amused.

-×-

     That happened years ago. 

     Both you and explosion boy haven't talked ever since.

     You joined the Explosion Corps in Iwagakure. To be honest, if you could see the future right before you joined it, or just to predict the future, you probably wouldn't have joined it.

      A male with golden blond hair the male wore half a ponytail. The bang hanging over his left eye, he also had a mouth on both of his palms though he covered them with his dark fingerless gloves. The male donned the full Iwagakure uniform with its flak jacket and a kunai pouch on the left side of his belt.

     Both of your gazes fixed yet you quickly averted your eyes away from him, unable to face the male ninja, you weren't even on speaking terms with him, and yet here you are. However, from the corner of your eyes, he sauntered towards you as you tied your hair in a low ponytail (if you have short hair then you don't have to read this part of the story that's italic)

     "(Y/n)?" he said in a low tone, didn't want to disturb the other Explosion Corps member in the room. 

     "Deidara," you responded in a deadpan monotone voice. 

     "Look, I just want to say-"

     "I'm sorry." you finished. You sheepishly turned to him and gave him a small smile. Thinking back, both of you were really in the wrong, with you saying the part that you bumped into the 'wrong thing' and him saying that your mother gave birth to the 'wrong thing'. "I'm sorry, Dei, I didn't mean to say those things to you back then in the academy."

     He stood there dumbfounded. He was planning to apologize to you that day but you were the one apologizing. "Me too, (Y/n) I'm sorry as well." 

     You reach out a hand to pat his shoulder and he smiled genuinely this time, you too. 

     "Oi! You love birds get your butt out here! We have a mission to complete!" your fellow friend, (F/n) called you guys out before you could even prepare your kunais and paper bombs. Luckily your leader was a forgiving person and gave you a few more minutes.

1071 words

(★ ω ★)

Maybe I'm just being lazy or my case of writer's block is slowly consuming me. But from now I'll be making changes to my posting schedule on WP, it's not like I had a schedule or anything before but nevermind that.

So, I'll be posting a new chapter every week and there will be no guarantee which book I'll be posting on(It's probably this one, then again I have that one book that's been in my drafts and another one that's been published and hasn't been 'touched' in months) so yeah, that's all you need to know.

- Yours truly