053 | 𝙺𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚞𝚛𝚘~𝚂𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐

Kankuro was finally free from his work and decided to go to a club to relax with some alcohol. He heard there was a club with a wonderful singer that could relax the senses of anyone. He stopped by the club and walked in. lt was a nice setting actually with a stage in the middle with a microphone at the center.

     The brother of the current Kazekage sat down in the back from the crowd there was. He ordered two beers at first before hearing a man introducing a person of the name, (Y/n). He looked over towards the stage as you, a young woman with long (h/c) in a black silk dress walk out from the curtains. You had a kind smile upon your face as the music started to play. You swayed your hips gently to the music before singing a song softly into the microphone. Kankuro's eyes widen slightly at you, who was singing with your beautiful voice. He felt his nerves and body slowly relaxed at the beautiful sound that filled the club.

     "A beauty, isn't she?" a voice suddenly said interrupting the puppeteer's thoughts. He looked over to see a man standing next to his booth. The man looked at him with a slight grin before introducing himself as the owner of the club. "It's absolutely an honor to have the famed black secret technique user here in my club," the man said who's name was Akihiro. Kankuro nodded at the man. He kept glancing at the beautiful singer on the stage. Akihiro grinned at Kankuro's eye movements.

     "That's our (Y/n), she's like a siren with that voice of hers." he joked before leaving to do his rounds around the club.

     Kankuro on the other hand was simply hypnotized by your singing. Minutes later, your show was over. The puppeteer clapped with the rest of the crowd in the club at the beautiful show was given. You were located backstage drinking some water when you were suddenly pulled by Akihiro. You looked at him, confusion was written all over your face but your body was tensed when his hands were on you. 

     "There's someone you should meet." he simply said pulling you from backstage and towards a certain shinobi's booth. Kankuro was finishing his second beer and was going to head home until he saw the owner of the club dragging over the beautiful singer of the club.

     "Kankuro! This is our lovely (Y/n)!" Akihiro said with a wide grin. You looked at the famed puppeteer and blushed softly before looking down. Akihiro placed you in Kankuro's booth and said "Make conversation." before leaving both of you. 

     Kankuro looked over at you before saying, "You have a beautiful voice, miss." with a gentle smile.

     You looked at him before replying "Please, call me, (Y/n)," in a soft tone and a smile. "Thank you as well," you added with a blush. 

     He smiled "(Y/n). That's a pretty name." he said, both eyes trained at you. Suddenly
the shinobi and singer made conversation enjoying each other's company. 

     One conversation became two to more eventually, Kankuro came to the club every night to listen to your beautiful singing and every night they sat down together and talked enjoying each other's company. Both of you would tell each other's secrets towards one another including how you came to be the club's singer, you fell in love with the wrong person and was a part of Akihiro's 'group' and you were in debt to him now. The two of you were slowly falling in love with one another but a certain someone wasn't happy that his woman has taken a liking towards another man other than him.

     Akihiro was a very possessive man, especially with his toys.

     One night, Kankuro didn't come due to a night mission. You just finished your nightly show, Akihiro came over and slapped you harshly causing you to fall. You looked up at him, shocked before he pulled you up harshly.

     "Get up, Bitch." he growled as he pulled you up completely grabbing you tightly by the chin. You looked at him with tears at the stinging pain, this wasn't the first time that he abused you physically. "You are never seeing that shinobi ever again. He's taking my sweet angel from me," he said harshly before cooing and caressing your hair causing you to flinch slightly. He cast a dark glare at you before tightening his grip on you. "Stay away from him or I'll kill your precious shinobi. Got it!" he yelled causing you to flinch and nod, letting out a soft sob.

     Akihiro pushed you away before leaving you in the silence. You cried softly to yourself before running out through the back door. You ran towards your apartment but bumped into the man of the hour, Kankuro. He grabbed you gently "Hey, (Y/n)! Did I miss your show?" He asked tilting his head with a smile before his smile faded away as he saw you with tears. "Are you okay? Y/n?" He asked softly in a worried tone. 

     You simply looked up at him and cried softly "Kankuro. We can't see each other anymore."
     He looked at you confused and worried "Why?"

     "I'm sorry." was all you said before running away.

      The puppeteer rarely came back to the club for drinks or to see you. You kept singing at the club but you were different, duller like you lost the light within you. Akihiro abused you more frequently, leaving bruises on your arms and throat. You had to wear makeup to cover up the physical abuse you had to endure from the owner of the club. It was a nightmare that you couldn't escape from and nobody could have to help you, your only savior was pushed away by yourself for his protection.

     Kankuro came back one night, he sat in the back like he did when he came to the club for the first time. He had to see you one more time. He made it just time for the show. He kept to himself as he heard Akihiro introduced you on stage. He sat up straight as he saw you walking through the curtains with a silk dress and a collar around your neck.

      He noticed some makeup on your arms and some bruising around your throat.

      You began singing not even looking at the crowd, just wanting this to end. And you sang softly, simply tired of the abuse and missing Kankuro. You slowly looked up at the crowd and immediately made eye contact with the famed puppeteer.

     Something in your eyes changed like they lighten up slightly when he showed up.
Kankuro slowly got up from his booth which gained Ahikiro's attention. Akihiro glared at him then looked over at, you, his little angel before calling his men over. 

     "No! Don't hurt him!" you screamed when you noticed what was going on. The Kazekage's elder brother looked over at you puzzled before looking at Akihiro noticing there were more men now. You ran off stage and in front of Kankuro. "Don't hurt him, please." you pleaded. Akihiro glared darkly before grabbing you roughly, sending his men on Kankuro.

     Fortunately, police came shortly after calls were made about the club and the disturbance. Both you and Kankuro were checked over by the ambulance. Kankuro was set free since Temari came for assistance, also as his injuries weren't that bad. He immediately went over to you. The people in the ambulance were looking over the bruises you had on your body. Kankuro saw them and his eyes widen. You noticed him and looked down not wanting to make eye contact with the man.

     Kankuro asked the ambulance for some privacy with you. Once you two got your privacy, he immediately commented, "What the hell did he do to you?" looking at your bruises causing you to flinch and tear up. He then called you by your name, coming closer and grabbing your hands gently. 

     You looked up at him slowly, "He would hit me every night," you whispered softy
before crying. "I pushed you away to protect you, Kankuro. He was going to kill you if I didn't stop talking to you," you said telling him the truth. 

     He frowned at your words. "(Y/n), You could've told me, I would have stopped him."
     You looked at him, "I know. But I was scared what would happen! Because I LOVE YOU!" your hands quickly went to your mouth, covering them in embarrassment.

     His eyes widen at the confession before hugging you gently. You sniffed sofly and hugged him back "I love you, Kankuro." you whispered into his chest.
     He held you close before whispering back, "I love you too, (Y/n)(L/n)." you tensed up slightly at his confession but relaxed immediately in his arms.
     "He's going to jail, all of his men too. You're free, love." he told you.

ʕ◔ᴥ◔ʔ

1488 words

Here's chapter 53, sorry for the long wait ;w;