020 | 𝚈𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚘~𝙻𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

Yamato, also known as "Tenzo", are both code names for this Anbu-turned-jonin of Konohagakure. As his Wood Release would allow him to be able to keep the Nine-Tails sealed within Naruto Uzumaki in check, he was re-assigned from Anbu to the regular forces, joining Team Kakashi as a temporary replacement for their jonin-sensei, Kakashi Hatake. While Kakashi eventually returns to the team, Yamato stays on to assist as needed.

     Fun fact: In the anime, it is revealed that Yamato suffers from motion sickness while in enclosed spaces. Episode 376, I think.

     It was rather early in the morning the sun hadn't even risen yet. You had to be awake now, even though you didn't want to be. You wished you could relax and sleep for a few more hours, after all today was supposed to be perfect.

     It was your anniversary with Yamato who you had been seeing for quite some time. The two of you had made plans for this day a long time ago, and you had been really looking forward to it as well. It hurt more than you knew how much he was looking forward to it.

     It hurt because you had reluctantly agreed to leave for an important mission today instead of following through with the plans. It's not that you didn't want to enjoy the anniversary plans, but you knew this mission was more important. The mission was also quite dangerous but you pushed that aside, you were the only one available to go on this mission and it was urgent.

     If it wasn't for that you might have turned it down, but you were too dedicated to turning your back on it. You knew Yamato wouldn't be happy about this he often felt you pushed yourself too hard as it was, you wanted to tell him last night when you got home.

     However, it was late and he was already asleep you didn't want to wake him with bad news. You decided it would be better to wait until morning which is why you made sure to wake up before him, and if things ended with an argument the two of you would have some time apart, and maybe once you came back the two of you could make up.

     You wanted to catch him early before he got too excited for the day. You hated to do this last minute but you couldn't see any way around it. Even though you were awake you stayed in bed, you didn't want to alert him and wake him up by getting out of bed.

     You wanted him to wake up on his own, after all, there was no reason to rush you didn't have to leave until a while later. You laid in bed staring at the ceiling hoping he would be understanding, but you didn't know how understanding you would be if the situation was reversed.

     You were caught off guard when you felt him move you almost wanted to pretend to be sleeping for you could just avoid this whole situation. But you didn't you laid there awkwardly trying not to pay attention to him, Yamato sat up in bed when he noticed you were already awake.

     "Good morning," he said cheerfully with a smile and your heart sank, you couldn't bring yourself to look at him.

     "Y-yeah good morning," you said stumbling over your words.

     "What's wrong?" he asked sounding concerned, you were worried this would happen, Yamato had always been very perceptive and had an easy time reading you like a book. You didn't know how to respond you really didn't want to immediately explain things first thing in the morning, however it was looking like you were going to have to.

     He already knew something wasn't right and you couldn't hide a thing from him, so you had no other choice but to break the news. You sat up in bed to face him but immediately had second thoughts and turned away and stood up, which only began to set off more alarms in his head.

     "What? What's wrong?" he questioned beginning to sound a little panicked as he stood up too.

     You hesitated, not knowing how to start,