046 | 𝙾𝚖𝚘𝚒~𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚍

Requested by sippingyourblood

     TW: a lil crack?

     "Calm down, Omoi, she's not into you. Remember that she's also on a mission just like us!" Karui scolded her white-haired partner, Omoi, while Samui shook her head in disappointment on how on earth did she get a team like this one?

     Due to his cautious nature and his hobby of 'thinking before acting,' he should've earned a reward or promotion to this. Although, as a result, gets lost in his thoughts quite often. He is more level-headed than his teammate Karui, but often demonstrates a wild imagination and has a habit of exaggerating the result of minor things. For example, Karui once threw a rock at him and he believed it would cause an avalanche and destroy the Hidden Leaf. But he does enjoy making fun of his partner's hot-headed personality with excruciating results. Like that one time he talked about her being flat and was instantly thrown to a damn tree.

     "But- but-" he stuttered, fingers pointing at the place where he had spotted you near the bushes, claiming he had witnessed them moving yet had no proof to pin-point if it was a shinobi from his village or not. Worst case scenario, the result turning out that he was just worrying over a wild animal. 

     "Omoi-" before Samui could say another word, the bush where Omoi claimed to have witnessed seeing you, moved. 

     "It's (Y/n)!" the white-haired man exclaimed, Karui immediately slapping her hand on his mouth, silencing him. 

     "Shut up, damn it!" she scolded again as she took her katana out of its holster. "Come on, Omoi! Get ready! I'm about to-"

     A white fluff ball, with long ears, a short fluffy tail, and strong, large hind legs. It had two pairs of sharp teeth in the front, jumped out of the bush. 

     "(Y/N)!? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? (Y/N)-" a hard smack landed on Omoi's head.

     "Thank you, Karui," Samui thanked the red-haired girl. The blonde's attention shifted to her subordinate. "Omoi, last time I checked (Y/n) doesn't have the ability to turn into a rabbit, plus, we haven't even reached the rendezvous point." she lightly scolded him. 

     Omoi nodded feebly, "I-I'm sorry, Captain." 

-×-

     The terrain changed, even the temperature around Samui's team changed, definitely a lot warmer compared to the Cloud. Karui leaned on a massive boulder while Omoi rested against a tree. The white-haired boy paid close attention to Karui and the boulder she was resting against. The boulder wasn't too big, it was just as Karui's height, just slightly taller, maybe by an inch or two. Samui checked around whether or not you were close to her team since they were at the rendezvous point.

     "If only C is here, he could've detected (Y/n) so we wouldn't wait this long." the short, blonde-haired woman sighed, wearing that stoic, aloof expression on her face like it's a badge of honor. 

     Then the boulder shifted.

     "Um, Karui, the boulder-" 

     "Oh, be quiet will you, Omoi?" she cut him off, crossing her arms as she turned her head so Omoi wouldn't be in her line of sight. Then the boulder moved again. Now Omoi feels like something bad is about to happen.

     "Karui, the boulder-"

     "Look, Omoi, if-" and the boulder shifted and fell. Samui's team was on a steep hill and there was no telling what's at the bottom, so...

     "KARUI! What if (Y/n) is down there?! What if the boulder got her and she got killed because of you?!" Omoi yelled out.

     "Yeah, yeah whatever."

-×-

     "Oh, (Y/n), there you are," Samui halted as she spotted you, a young lady around Omoi and Karui's age approaching her. "What took you so long?"

     "I stumbled upon an enormous boulder on my way here,"  you answered bluntly, Omoi turned to Karui, squinting his eyes as if telling her that she should've listened to him. You later reached into your back and pulled out a scroll. "Here, thanks to the boulder, getting the scroll was easier than I thought." Karui turned to Omoi smiling in triumph.

     "Great job," Samui looked over her shoulder to Omoi and Karui, "Come on, let's go back to the Cloud."

-×-

     While the four of you jumped from tree to tree all the way back to Kumogakure, you noticed how Omoi had a puzzled look on his face the whole time. With him being at the back, you purposely slowed yourself down by stopping longer at one bark and finally jumping at the same pace as Omoi.

     "Let me guess, you thought that the boulder would've hit me and I'd die?" you spoke bluntly, Omoi shot a look at you as if you just read his mind or something, which you probably did on accident without even you knowing.

     "How did you know?" he stuttered, he had a lollipop in his mouth but it didn't stop him from talking in full clear sentences.

     "I saw the look you gave Karui and the look she gave you when I said that the boulder helped me getting the scroll easier, and I pieced it from there," you explained, in Samui's team, you were basically the sharpest knife in the drawer, the blade almost as sharp as Samui's but yours were sharper. 

     "Oh."

     "But if you want after the mission," you trailed off, looking far before you before turning to Omoi again. "How about we grab a bite later?"

      His face went tomato red, of course, flustered, but he quickly calmed down and answered. "Sure. Why not?"

921 words