096| 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚒~𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗

Requested by TengensWife4_0

    XXXXth day,

     The day started awful and it ended strangely. There was a queer aura in the palace, one that felt familiar and yet foreign to me. I followed where the aura came from and it led me to the guest bedroom.

     "Toneri, who's this?" you pointed at a dark-haired girl that lay on the bed. The girl was unknown to you, but you knew she was of the Hyuga clan. 

     The pale boy responded in a calm tone, a voice so gentle it made you wonder if you were being serenaded by an angel or floating up in the clouds. "She's my bride-to-be. Let her rest for now, she just arrived here tonight, she must be exhausted." 

     The clouds then disappeared along with your hopes of becoming Toneri's lover. 

     A bride? Your heart sank when you hear those words. Perhaps it was only a one-sided crush after all. Becoming his lover was merely a paltry dream. 

     XXXXth day,

     It has been a few days. I noticed the girl was still at the palace. She had lunch with Toneri and he proceeded with giving her a tour of the castle and its premises. Even sharing some of their personal histories. I found out she had a younger sister. Hanabi was it? Sadly, I never got to meet her.

     Your hair free from the confines of the near bun You always wore. Hair strewn around your shoulders, your back, your face. You were in the palace temple. You've forgotten why you were there in the first place. Perhaps to have some quiet time. Although the longer you reminisced to yourself the wilder your thoughts came to be. Toneri's confession became a vivid memory in your mind one that kept playing itself. You knew you hated it, but your mind doesn't stop torturing you with it.

     Footsteps echoed throughout the temple. You didn't want to glance up to see who it was, assuming it was Toneri. However, the footsteps sounded light as if a lady had entered the temple. The figure walked past you, unaware of your presence.

     Glancing up, you were surprised to find out it was the girl from yesterday. No, not the younger sister,

     "You must be Hinata." the dark-haired girl whipped around to face you. The stance she did confirm your suspicions of her, she was of the Hyuga clan.

     "Who are you?"

     "Just Toneri's old friend." you should've not said that, because right after those words slip out, veins appeared around Hinata's eyes. Before she could attack, a boy clad in white held back her punch. It was Toneri.

     Soon, the Hyuga was escorted back to her room. You were able to steal a glance from her, sorrow was present in the light lavender eyes. Then came a thought, maybe she didn't want to marry Toneri? And it was just Toneri that wanted to marry her?

     XXXXth day,

     Today I've made it a personal mission to help the girl escape the palace. Yes, it may sound extremely reckless. But she may already have someone waiting for her somewhere out there because I already have mine. So I'll help her get to that person.

     Running through the castle corridors wasn't a problem, you've recognized which halls to go to, which rooms to check. However, there was someone else in the castle, a group of them actually. Eventually, you found Hinata, dressed in a wide black and grey top with a long grey sash around her waist. On her head was a black turban with a black and light yellow veil over and yellow crescent moon earrings. You realized it was a wedding attire. Now, where's the groom?

     Hinata gasped at the sight of you, once you told her the reasoning as to why you were there, she soon took your hand and bolted away from the altar. Fortunately, after some time you both found a group of ninjas, who Hinata recognized. Nevertheless, her heart was still filled with worry, hence the missing presence of a certain blond ninja. 

     After interrupting the wedding, Toneri made several attempts to involve Hinata in killing Naruto, but Toneri is ultimately defeated. You, not even Toneri did not stop Hinata from leaving once he realized she and Naruto love each other.

.

.

.

     The white-haired, blue-eyed man sauntered past you. Head tilted down, you avoided his gaze; so did he. The dinner you had cooked him was barely hot, but it wasn't cold either. The sounds of metal cutlery interacting with the ceramic plates were the only thing you could hear other than your thoughts.

     "(Y/n)." the male on the other end of the table spoke. You placed down your fork, but you kept chewing on your food. 

     "Yes, Toneri." you gazed at the castle's dark interior while chewing your food.

     "Did you help Hinata escape?"

     "What if I said yes?" you immediately retorted. 

     "You knew I-" loved her. Yes, and you also knew that that was an awful lie.

     "What a lie." the corners of your lips turned up and a small chuckle escaped your lips. "You know, I've known you far longer than her, Toneri. The way you would awkwardly hug her, how she would stiffen at your touch. How the lunch yesterday was silent, unlike now. And there's not one person who would harm those they love, yet what did you do when you found out she had snuck into the energy vessel room?" 

     "When you told me she was your bride to be... You smiled, but it didn't reach your eyes. You said you'd be her groom, but your eyes seemed to tell something else. Something we, I'm pretty sure, already knew." the dining room atmosphere has turned cold and gloomy. You hoped the next thing that came out of your mouth would lift the tension in the room. At least, just a bit. "Toneri, I love you. I always have."

     "(Y/n)... I..." tears sprung from the corners of the pale boy, who sat on the other side of the dining table with his head hung low. How can I be such an idiot? He thought. All those times you've hinted your adoration to him. The times when you dotted so much of your time, whether it was baking sweets, cooking for him, long chats. He remembered how dull his eyes were when he confessed that Hinata was the love of his life. His supposed partner. Even after Hinata went back to Earth your eyes still seemed dark, there was no light, until now.

     "I love you too, (Y/n)"

1103 words

ヾ(❀╹◡╹)ノ゙