078 | 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚖𝚊~𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍

Requested by Hemmya - Hi could you do Genma x reader I don't have much idea so if you don't mind you can come up with whatever you want.

Quick FYI: Yes the title changed, I'm indecisive.

     "Gai?" Genma called out as he entered the kitchen. The early morning sunlight slipped in through the windows making the countertops gleam like it was made of stars.

     "Ah, good mornin', Genma!" the taijutsu user greeted with a joyful tune. "How are you today?" 

     "A cup of coffee would be amazing." Genma sighed deeply, one of his large hands finding his messy hair, combing through it as he received a hot cup of caffeine from Gai, drinking some of it. "It's fine." he continued, yawning, which was a poor attempt to rid his body of the exhaustion that plagued the man.

    A certain man with dark hair and brown eyes and was sporting his trademark sunglasses later joined in the kitchen, and after seeing the state his friend was in and the red flags that seemed to pop up, he suggested, "Maybe you should take the day off before you pass out. Exhausting yourself can't be good for your health." Ebisu told Genma as the latter nodded in agreement. "I'll have (Y/n) attend to you today."

     "Okay." 

     As soon as you found out your lover was bedridden, you rushed to his bedside to assess him and care for him,  worry racking your bones as you watched over him. 

     "I'm not ill, (Y/n)." Genma was a stubborn man as you know, the sweat that lingered between his hair locks stuck to his forehead including the headache said otherwise. "I can look after myself."

     "How about a no? You've overworked yourself too much 'till your sick."  you caressed his flushed cheek as a sad smile formed upon your lips. "Today, just for today, you are going to rest, you're going to relax and let me take care of you, okay?"

     "Yes, ma'am," Genma replied weakly, shifting in bed to make himself more comfortable, curling up like a little armadillo as he pulled the covers up. "I think I am gonna sleep for a while." the man's voice was above a whisper as he announced his slumber, searching your hand to hold his for comfort.

     When his eyes blinked open from his nearly twelve-hour slumber, he was confused. His usually messy room was organized and was actually clean (unlike mine ;w;) his books and scrolls were up on the shelves and had been neatly stored as several vases of lavenders were placed in strategical locations to lighten up the atmosphere. His eyes landed upon his beloved (Y/n) who sat by his side with a tray of tea and soup, with a loving smile on her lips. "Good morning, sleepyhead."

     "(Y/n)?" Genma yawned as he stretched out his limbs. "You did all this? And what's with the lavenders?"

     "They're supposed to help you relax :)" you spoke soothingly, brushing some of his hair off his forehead before planting a kiss on it. "I just want you to feel relax as possible, to get you feeling better."

     The shinobi smiled bashfully at your thoughtfulness, sitting himself up on the bed and with a hand reaching toward her face as he grazed her cheek with adoration he spoke, "What did I do to deserve you?" as he looked deeply into your eyes. His gaze fell to the tray that sat on the small bedside table beside his bed and his beautiful face began to light up when he realized what you've brought for him. "Soup?"

      "More like pumpkin soup," you replied, your smile widening as you picked up the bowl and spoon for him. "Warmed it up for you since I know you don't like it cold." you scooped up a spoonful of the broth and carefully fed Genma. "You're looking better already, Gen." 

     "How could I not feel better with you by my side?" he purred softly. Once he'd finished the bowl rather quickly, he took your hand again and kissed your knuckles a smile forming upon his lips. "Can we have a bath together, (Y/n)? I think that would make me feel even better."

     "Of course, Genma."

664 words 

♫(・◡・๑)