093 | 𝚈𝚊𝚑𝚒𝚔𝚘~𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙺𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗

Requested by usuratonkachiteme

     Sorry this took a bit long, I have exams at the moment o(╥﹏╥)o

     Even though he had spent his day with his mediocre master Jiraiya, Yahiko was exhausted. He reminisced how Jiraiya wore a frog costume in the little shack he, Konan, and Nagato called home. Jiraiya ordered the orphaned trio to also wear frog costumes, reluctantly at least to Yahiko. Then it went to him being bombarded with playful insults by his friends and teacher.

     The three small wooden frog boards or whatever Jiraiya named it was turned so an image of a frog was shown instead of the red with his name written under the hanging picture. It was a signal that someone was out and will be back soon. Yahiko couldn't be bothered to remember what the Toad sage was explaining back then, the only reason he and the other two orphans were listening to his nonsense was that he is a Toad sage. 

     The orange-haired man recalled how after he swung open the door to the shack and ran outside into the pouring rain; still in his frog costume. On the other hand, Konan and Nagato wondered if he understood what Jiraiya was talking about earlier while Konan flipped Yahiko's board so it showed the frog print. Then he yelled to the world that one day he's gonna change it for the better. 

     Yahiko chuckled at that memory. Afterward, an image of your face appeared in his now empty mind. Always gossiping with Konan while leaving him and Nagato puzzled. He's nearing the shack, so he's just looking forward to being spoiled by the meals you've somehow managed to prepare with the skills you lacked in said field. 

     Once he's at the front door he heard your rambling. It wasn't any nagging he's heard when you were scolding him for being reckless. It was one filled with the words cute adorable and all of the positive notes that were usually directed at him. 

     "Aww, look at you! You're sho cute!" the sentence was delivered with your baby voice, the one he will hear every time you pinch his cheeks.

     "Mhm, you like it when I do that? Of course you little thing-" He couldn't stand it longer after that one. Bursting into the shack from a window close to the kitchen, he saw you, hands close to your chest holding something. The tail escaped in between your fingers, slowly wagging back and forth. The tiny pointy ears where you planted a short kiss. 

     "Oh, Yahiko, look what Konan and I found earlier today." you scampered towards your lover, with the kitten still in your two hands. Meowing at how rough you were being with it, even though your hold was soft and gentle. "We found the little guy, just knocking on death's door, Konan insisted us to take it in. We just warmed it up by the stove and Konan make a small paper ball it could play with while I was cooking." 

     Wait, you weren't cheating on him? 

     Yahiko stared at you, the kitten, and back at you, there was no deceit or mischief in your eyes. You were being genuine. 

     "Yahiko?" you called on his name, followed by another meow by the kitten.

     "Sorry. I thought you were cheating on me..."  now it was your turn to read him, usually he was an open book, but now it was a slightly ajar one.  A small hint of gloom was hidden in them.

     "Dummy. Of course I wasn't cheating on you. Not on a little troublemaker as this little guy." the kitten meowed in disagreement, eliciting a small giggle from you. You turned to the meal you'd prepped for the three best friends. "I sense Konan and Nagato, they're still a tad bit far away from here, let's start eating without them how about that?"

     "Can the kitten stay out and away from it?" the signature mug look on his face had returned. 

     "The food? No!"

     "But-"

     "It's most likely hungry as well!"

671 words

~( TロT)σ

Other chapters updated :D

1. Kisame (Chp. 18)