012 | 𝙺𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚞𝚛𝚘~𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚊𝚗𝚍'𝚜 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

To be honest, no reason why I'm writing him. Just feel like it. Also, thanks to the artists behind the pictures I've been using throughout my Wattpad books. :)

     You woke up, the sun had been up for a while now. You glanced over at your sleeping partner, hugging his pillow so tight it looked as if the world's gonna end or something. Chuckling, you scooted off your bed and made your way to your window. It's not raining anymore.

     Last night you had to sleep over at his place, the rain was to blame. Though you didn't mind (obviously) considering that you've done it more than once before. Only thing is, this time his siblings chose that you stay in his bedroom. You muttered a string of protests under your breath as you reluctantly made it to his room last night. However, Gaara and Temari found this hysterical for some odd reason.

     It took you hours before falling into your slumber. Two hours to be precise. You felt uncomfortable at first since you were sharing a bed with someone else, a boy. But, at least you get to sleep other than to have to work your butt off all night. 

     You walked towards the bathroom to wash up. Little do you know, sleeping beauty had woken up right when you entered the bathroom, maybe because of the sun rays that shined through the now open window. Or maybe it's because he'd been up for a while.

     "Oh, so you're up already," he said as he moved off the bed.

     "Of course I'm up. I'm gonna shower first," you told him before disappearing into the bathroom.

-×-

     When you were done, you got dressed and made your way down to the kitchen. Temari was there. 

     "So, did you sleep well?" she asked, flipping a pancake in the air as it then landed on the pan perfectly.

     "Okay, I guess. It's not like a certain someone forced me to sleep there," you replied with a bitter tone. 

     The kunoichi chuckled. "Why can't you two just date already?" she complained. With one hand she grabbed a plate and placed the freshly cooked pancake on it.

     "What do you mean by date?" a voice asked from the living room. It was Kankuro. Sporting his puppeteer's costume: A black outfit consisting of a long top and trousers with a red sash around his waist and cat-like ears and had his head protector on his forehead. Great job, Temari.

     "As I was saying to (Y/n). You two should start; I don't know, start dating maybe?" she finished. You and Kankuro stiffened, frozen in place. One thing was on your mind: Maybe she's right. Despite his childish and naive personality, you actually enjoy being around him. You've known each other since the academy. And as the years go by, you began to develop a certain feeling towards the puppet user.

     When he was attacked and poisoned by the Akatsuki, you were dying to know what if he was gonna die or survive to see another day. Your worries went away all thanks to the annoying pink-haired girl from the Leaf. You thought that after the whole incident you were going to confess.

     But of course, your timid personality just had to interfere. 

     Now it's been two weeks after Suna's encounter with the so-called Akatsuki group. Your mind kept on reminding you that you had to tell him now before it was too late.

    "(y/n)? (y/n)!" Temari called out, snapping you out of your thoughts. "What's up with you? I was calling you for four times and you weren't answering!"

     "Sorry, Tem." you apologized. You heard chuckles from Kankuro as he sat down in the dining room. 

      The blonde kunoichi looked at you, then at her brother, then back at you. "Oh, I see," she mumbled as you raised an eyebrow up, completely puzzled. "You were daydreaming about my brother, weren't you?"

     "What- No!" you argued, you could feel your cheeks burning up as you shook your head vigorously. Temari only laughed.

     "Hah, well. Go get my younger brother would ya?" she pointed to the stairs. You sighed and did what you were told.

-×-

     You ascended up the stairs. When you reached the second floor of the sand sibling's house, you made your way to the current Kazekage's room. 

     "Lord Gaara?" you landed a few knocks on the door, once you were given the okay to enter, you entered his room to find him awake.

     "Please, (y/n). Don't call me 'Lord', Gaara's fine." his monotone voice filled the room.

     "Sorry, Gaara." you then reminded him of breakfast that you and Temari have prepared downstairs in the kitchen.

     "So, did anything happen last night?" he asked as we left his room to the stairs.

     You quickly knew that he was talking about his brother. "Nothing happened. I slept well."

     "Good, just don't forget that you have me and Temari's permission to date my elder brother." he smiled. Now you were completely done with the sand siblings. 

     Once the two of you reached the stairs, you sighed. "Gaara. There is no- ah!"

     You tripped and fell down the stairs. You blamed yourself because you weren't paying attention to where you were going and as a result, this happened.

     Though, there's something good that came out of this. Kankuro was right by the stairs when he saw this unfold. With quick reflexes, he caught you and you landed safely in his arms.

     "I think you just..." he said, trailing off as he let out a chuckle, "...Fell for me." he smirked.

     You stayed silent for a while as you sort of enjoyed being in his sturdy hands. Then laughs could be heard from the kitchen and Gaara. "P-put me down." you stuttered. Yet he ignored your request.

     "Nah, I'll just carry you here." he carried you to the dining table and you could still hear laughter coming from your friend Temari and Gaara. Once he placed you on a chair across where he sat, you were able to sort out your thoughts again.

1016 words 

(^▽^)