011 | 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚞𝚒~𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚊𝚕

Andddddd another one-shot of one of my comfort characters. Enjoy :)

A few days ago, or maybe weeks, was one of the days where you can finally leave your village. You've lived in the Hidden Rain for as long as you can remember. Although you were known to be one of the strongest among your clan and the most subtle, you were rarely given any S-ranked missions. The last time you were given them, you almost got carried away and killed yourself. Maybe that's why your clan leader rarely gives them to you.

Other than that, your village treated you like trash, despite how capable you were. Maybe it's because you were an orphan, or maybe it's because you're a woman, since gender inequality is extremely common in your village. So, every time you were given the chance to step outside of your borders, you'd take it and hope to never return to your home village.

Your mission is to assassinate a Kumo jonin. Known in his village as the Raikage's right-hand-man, Darui. Your village elder gave you a bag filled with documents of the target. To be honest, you knew you shouldn't underestimate this one. He's got the Third Raikage's lightning symbol tattooed on his left shoulder and the character for water on his right shoulders, probably denoting his chakra's nature affinities.

It's been what? four weeks and what've you done? Nothing. You were supposed to take notes and intel on your target yet what have you done? You did the opposite. You began adapting to your prey's village, Kumogakure.

Worse, you also started to grow a liking to your target, in a positive way. You liked him. And just yesterday, he confessed about his same feeling towards you. Now you're panicking, how could you kill someone you love?

-×-

It was a gloomy afternoon, grey clouds hung in the sky as steady rain drenched the ground. The dark sky made it seem much later in the evening than it really was. You sat inside next to the window watching the raindrops run down the glass, you had a lot on your mind and it was really beginning to weigh on your shoulders.

One, you were keeping a terrible secret. Two, you had blended into the village and began dating Darui.

At first, it seemed like nothing. But you knew you would never be able to go back to your village if you didn't go through with the mission, there would be serious consequences if you abandoned the mission and returned home now. If you decided not to return and stay with Darui that meant you were going to be honest with him and tell him everything, you couldn't risk continuing to lie to him and he will find out the truth later. But telling him the truth meant he could get angry or turn away from you completely and because you were an enemy. You could even be locked up and imprisoned by coming clean.

Your heart was heavy and you didn't know what the right choice was because either way was likely to end badly for you, you had to expect the worst-case scenario but you knew you couldn't carry on this charade for much longer.

Suddenly your thoughts were disrupted when you heard the door open. Knowing that you're a sensory ninja you could tell by the chakra it was Darui coming home and it felt like your heart skipped a beat as if it knew you had to take the chance and be honest with him no matter what happened or how things turned out.

"Are you alright?" he asked almost like he could tell something was on your mind just by looking at you,

You didn't know what to say because while you wanted to be honest with him you didn't know how to go about bringing it up, it felt weird just to bluntly explain everything but there really was no way to sugar coat it.

"Y-yeah, I just have a lot on my mind I guess." you cursed yourself silently as you began stumbling over your words a little, you were already nervous and you hadn't even begun to explain things.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked looking a little concerned as he moved closer to you and leaning against the wall beside the window near you.

"Well, yes and no," you admitted.

"You'll feel better just getting it off your chest." He suggested.

"I'm not so sure about that." You said nervously looking at the floor.

"It's worth a shot." He said in a comforting voice,

"Okay, but this is really important." You said standing up and making eye contact with him for a brief moment before looking away from him.

Here we go, it was now or never.

"I'm not from the village," you began hesitantly cupping your hands together nervously,

"I'm from the Hidden Rain, and was sent here to assassinate you." it was hard to admit but it was out there now, "But you have to believe me that's not what I want." You pleaded as you felt tears prick your eyes and begin rolling down your cheeks, you had tried to hold it together but you broke down.

"I don't want to do anything to hurt you." you cried, you wanted him to believe you but how could he trust you? But before you could say another word, he moved closer to you and to your surprise, pulled you towards him into a warm embrace.

"That was hard to say, wasn't it?" he said in a low voice still holding you, "But I'm glad you did," he assured,

"I'm sorry I lied to you," you said as tears still running down your cheeks. Weird scenarios started to appear in your mind, but there was this small voice saying that, maybe this is the right decision.

"It's alright, I appreciate your honesty now." he admitted, "This doesn't change anything." He said in a surprisingly calm voice,

"What- what do you mean? You still trust me?" you questioned, you didn't know how this couldn't change everything between the two of you,

"You've had plenty of opportunities to kill me if you wanted to, and you wouldn't be telling me this now if it wasn't how you really felt." He explained plainly,

"So of course, I still trust you," he said in a loving tone tilting your chin up gently to make you look at him, "I love you." he finished before lightly pressing his lips against yours in a gentle kiss. Darui used his hand to wipe your tears away. The two of you stayed there as it felt as if it was destined to be like that.

1129 words

( •̀ ω •́ )