090 | 𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚊~𝙿𝚎𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚜

Requested by ErlynJoyceJacob

"I'll take care of the dog." Sora gave the leash a tug while you strode into the kitchen. You placed the heavy paper bag on the counter, turning on the sink beside it to wash your hands.

The kitchen window was open so you watched from the inside as your beloved played with your corgi. Its burnt umber eyes seemed to light up with glee to see its master again. Its little legs skittered toward Sora as the corgi's tongue was out dangling from its open mouth that wore a smile. Your beloved also had a smile etched onto his face. He reached into his pocket to pull out a dog treat, the one that your pet always loved.

You continued watching Sora and your pupper while washing and storing away the vegetables.

"Sit!" Sora ordered the corgi. Unfortunately, it took some time for it to actually listen and sit down. But in the end, its two hind legs and its butt laid still on the grass while its forelegs were the ones that are keeping its body from falling face-first on the ground. "Good boy."

The dog was pleased to have earned a treat as the little guy swiped it from its owner's open hand.

Back in the kitchen, you took out a few of the spices you've bought earlier with Sora. Black pepper was on the list. The seller told you that you have to grind them first in order to use them. So that's what you did.

Reaching out for the mortal and pestle up in the cabinet, you took it out slowly, being careful so the stone kitchen tool didn't fall. You opened the bag of whole black peppers, the scent of grassy, pine, and somewhat citrus hit your nostrils. The urge to sneeze was there but it didn't make you sneeze, which you deemed annoying.

Pouring half a cup of whole black pepper into the mortar and with your pestle, you crushed the peppers into a fine powder. Some of the powder floated from the small stone bowl, greeting your nostrils with a stinging sensation. Your eyes became blurry and your nose became runny. You knew how strong black pepper was but you never expected it to be that strong.

The kitchen was soon filled with the grassy and stinging scent of black pepper and your small sniffles.

Sora was still outside with your corgi. What a lovely afternoon. He stretched his arms up in the air as the lights from the sun kissed every inch of exposed skin. The warm air enveloped him and so did the little pupper. He placed them down again and that was when he spotted movement from the corner of his eyes. His eyes led to the open window of the kitchen, where you stood inside. You rubbed your eyes and then after a few seconds later, you rubbed your nose.

"Don't tell me..." Sora muttered under his breath as he reflexively went inside your shared abode. "(Y/n)?"

"Sora!" What are you-?" his hands quickly found their place on your cheek, eyes filled with worry as they scanned your face. He pulled back as his gaze followed her arms then the mortar and pestle.

Well, well, well.

On the counter were the stone mortar, a bag of peppercorns, and a small jar with the label "Black Pepper". That was when it hit him what she was doing the whole time. Other than that strong smell of pepper also hit him well.

"Sora, you startled me!"

"Heh, sorry..."

I thought you might have been crying, but I was clearly mistaken.

Sora almost had to laugh at himself at how quickly he jumped to the wrong conclusion. Although it was just pepper tears, you still looked better without them.

630 words

˖◛⁺ ⑅ ♡