008 | 𝚃𝚘𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚊~𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔

Tobirama Senju was a member of the renowned Senju clan, who, together with his elder brother and the Uchiha clan, founded the first shinobi village: Konohagakure. Throughout his lifetime, Tobirama would work tirelessly to achieve political stability and implement the institutions that made the village system work, ensuring Konoha's continuity and prosperity. After his brother's death, he would earn the title of Second Hokage. I chose to write him because, well, same reason as the others that I've written in the previous chapters. Plus, I know that there are a lot of other people that like him.

Fun Fact: Tobirama is the only Hokage never to be shown wearing the hat of office.

You and the Senju have been a pair for a good two months. You and Tobirama were given three months to try and get along. Though many don't understand why you're dating the cold Senju. To be honest, you don't even know why you're paired up with him.

You're intelligent, yes. You're calm and collected, yes. You're an expert at ninjutsu and genjutsu, yes. However, you had one small flaw, you're lazy.

And with that, your father decided that it would be a great idea to pair you up with the stern man who spoke bluntly about most topics, never sugar-coat facts or the matter at hand. He had a pragmatic approach to life, believing that many of the world's problems could be solved through well-defined rules and laws. Though his words could often come off as rude or insensitive, Tobirama himself was relatively calm and composed.

It was supposed to be an arranged marriage to strengthen up the bond between your clan and the Senju. That arrangement was made four years ago, and now here you are, falling for the cold Senju man. Turns out, he's not so cold after all.

You sat across him from the dining table. Keeping your mouth shut. The two of you had just gotten into a fight a few days back, a rather stupid one. Ever since then, he rarely comes home, and even if he does, it will already be midnight. You were finished with all of your documents and leaned back on your chair, letting out a sigh of relief as you felt the pressure slowly float away and off your chest. For five whole hours, you've been chained to that stupid wooden chair, and using a brush, you signed and filled all the documents and scrolls from past missions.

Standing up from your seat, you made your way toward a nearby bookshelf you had right in the corner of the room. Your hand reached out for the top shelf, which, surprisingly, was able to reach your small height. The book you grabbed was about the Otsutsuki clan, an ancient Clan of horned celestial beings. After the arrival of the clan's members on Earth a millennium ago, the Ōtsutsuki began having a lasting influence on the human population, notably starting the history of shinobi.

You sauntered back to your once vacant seat near the dining table, Across from him.

You loved reading books. That's another thing about you that Tobirama seemed to take a mental note of. Not a while back, he noticed that you're a bookworm. He adored that part of you, but considering how subtle he could be, you never realized.

"(Y/n)," he muttered, though his voice was still audible for you. Your gaze shifted from the book to him, "I just wanna say... I'm sorry."

The room was now more than quiet. You could even hear a needle drop from the room next to it.

"What? Tobirama, please, I can't hear you." you leaned in closer to him as he let out a sigh.

"As I said. I'm sorry," he continued, "I'm sorry about the fight two days ago, it sounds so stupid to make a small quarrel about it. And- I'm sorry."

You gave the man a sympathetic look, but a little taken back by the cluster of words that just escaped his mouth. This just showed how serious he can be and how important this relationship between his clan and yours can be. For a few seconds, it was silent. No word was being spoken to reply to his apology.

"I forgive you." Finally, the words he's been pleading to hear from you slipped out. He let out a small sigh as he leaned back on his chair. At first, it seemed invisible to your naked eye, but you swore to yourself that you saw his lips slowly curled up to a smile.

Everything was good.

The next day felt different. You didn't have the feeling of being afraid of the Senju sleeping beside you when you woke up. He was not there.

You exited your shared room to the kitchen that was connected to the living room. He was not there either. On the coffee table, you saw a small package wrapped perfectly with a note attached to it.

"I wanted to give this to you when you wake up, but I had to leave early to attend a meeting with my father and elder brother. Please read carefully, when you open this package, there will be a book waiting for you. Finish one chapter every day, and at each end of every chapter, there will be something waiting for you." You read the note in a low whispered before opening the package. It's a fictional book about legends, dead ones. You smiled at the present Tobirama gave you. You flipped through every page of the book to see how many chapters there were.

Thirty-one. Which means it'll take you a whole month to finish the book.

You plopped yourself on the couch and lost yourself in the pages in the book.

At the end of chapter one, there was a slip saying that he loved your smile, the smile that always calmed him down in any situation, from devastating ones to infuriating ones.

For the next month, you finished one chapter every day. And at the end of each chapter, there was a slip of reasons why he loved you. In the end, the two of you grew closer.

You were on your last chapter. Tobirama was in the kitchen, he watched from afar as you read the book he gave you a month before. A smile crept onto his face. He seemed eager and anxious at the same time for some reason.

You were near the end and expected another "Your laughs are the sweetest." or "You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." Once you flipped the last page, four simple yet beautiful words spelled out. "Will you marry me?"

Shocked. You didn't notice, but right after you placed the book on your lap, you saw the Senju on one knee with a golden ring in his hand.

1140 words

(•ω•)