064 | 𝚁𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝙻𝚎𝚎~𝙱𝚊𝚍 𝙳𝚊𝚢

Staring back at yourself in the mirror, you couldn't help but look in disgust. Your eyes point out every single flaw on your body as you try to hold back your tears.

     Why does he stay with me?

     I'm nothing special, he deserves someone better.

     You couldn't stop yourself from infusing these thoughts into your mind, plaguing it with negativity. Rock Lee never failed to remind you he loved you every day, so why does your brain keep trying to convince you that he doesn't?

     Releasing a deep exhale, you wiped off the stray tears that managed to escape your eyes and walked out of the bathroom, bumping into someone in the process.

     You looked up to see your boyfriend with a look of confusion on his face at the sight of your slightly red eyes.

     "Hey, what's wrong?" he touched under your eyes gently, feeling the wetness left from your tears, his brows furrowing in concern. You backed away from him and opt to stare at the floor rather than meet his gaze.

      "It's nothing, I'm just not feeling too well that's all," you respond curtly, maneuvering your way around his body blocking the doorway. He watched your retreating figure and was about to go after you to question the obvious lie you just spewed but someone was by the door, alerting him that his services are needed.

     He contemplated ignoring the knocks to stay with you instead but he knows lady Hokage would have his head for that. with a heavy sigh, he grabs his jumpsuit and left, making sure to send you a note telling you he was called into work. Hours have passed and the thoughts only continued to swarm your mind, blocking any way for positive thoughts to seep through your brain. You haven't moved an inch since you let yourself fall under the covers.

     He's not coming back.

     He finally left me.

     Again, you couldn't stop the tears from trickling down your cheeks, soaking the pillow. Your sobs drowned out the sound of the door unlocking and the footsteps approaching your side of the bed.

     "I knew something wasn't right. Why didn't you say anything?" he asked worriedly as he pulled the blanket off your body.

I didn't w-want to burden you," you managed to stutter out between choked cries. "Why do you stay, Lee? I'm nothing special. I don't deserve your love." 

     His youthful heart nearly shatters upon hearing those words. He gently lifted you from the bed and seated you on his lap. 

     "If I left then I'll be leaving behind all the little things I love about you." he took one of your hands and intertwined them with his own. "Like the hands that smooth over my headaches whenever I get too stressed about work;"

     Reaching forward, he brushed away the tears left underneath your eyes. "The eyes that look at me with nothing but love and adoration in them. The same way that I look at you;" 

     He trailed his hand down to your lips, ran his thumb over your bottom one. He leans closer to rest his forehead against yours, his breath tickled your skin. "And the lips that constantly reassure me that everything will be okay;"

     Finally, he connected his lips to yours, washing away your worries through the kiss. as he pulled away, he brought his hand towards your cheek, tenderly caressed it. "All those reasons and more are the reasons why I stay. I will love you forevermore, (Y/n), even on the days where you can't love yourself. I'm not going anywhere I promise but I need you to talk to me during these times, okay?" you stared into his eyes for a moment, searching for any reason that he could be lying but all you can see is pure honesty. taking a deep breath, you nodded silently, not trusting your voice to not waver if you were to speak.

     He smiled softly before laying down on the bed, pulling you into his arms. "I love you more than anything, I always will, my love."

     For the first time that day, the once dark thoughts that haunted you were now replaced with the feeling of comfort and peace.

707 words

(,,๏ ⋏ ๏,,)

I'M SO SORRY I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO POST LAST WEEK T^T

I was caught up with my exams I'm sorry ;w;