076 | 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚊~𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚝𝚞𝚜

Requested by otaku84 - Can I request a Madara x reader were during their time as children growing up reader was the head of a clan that used white lotus-jutsu which granted everlasting health and as time progresses Madara comes to like reader only to be pulled back because of war and when he comes back reader explains that she had sent her clan away in different regions to protect them because the war had caused the white lotus flowers surrounding her clan's gardens had died. Could be a little angst where the reader states that she doesn't blame Madara and she is willing to fight with him only for her to sacrifice herself and plant a white lotus on his shoulder.

     FYI: From now on I am writing down what the requests are saying so I don't forget and the reader is around their teen. Yes, the title is not creative ;w;

     You loved going to your grandma's place, along with its fringed window shades and the faint smell of lavenders. Her desk drawers, lined with light purple felt, spilled over card decks and napkins. And nearly every door in the house was on the verge of collapsing. 

     You and your brother would sleep in the small bedroom near the kitchen, which was a bad decision for whatever's in the fridge, as you both would get out and tiptoe towards the kitchen every midnight.

     You could picture yourself reaching down the cold chest many people call the freezer, as you pulled out a frozen treat in your favorite flavor. Your grandma's well-stocked pantry was also nearby contained loads of delectable treats you were often denied at home: dangos, chocolate bars, cookies, and rice cakes. 

     Outside the kitchen was a lake where your grandma had loads of white lotuses. As a child, you would run around in the said garden, feeling free as you should.

     Right now, you were kneeling down in front of the gravestone as you placed lavenders next to said gravestone. You couldn't get the gravestone near your grandma's lake, so you had to improvise. Your eyes wandered the stone as it landed on your grandma's name that's carved into it when she left the living world. 

     Right next to it was another gravestone with your brother's name on it. You did the same as you placed more lavenders in the vase next to it.

     "You are one odd girl, aren't you?" a familiar voice asked you as you turned around to meet our friend. Madara Uchiha. 

     You let out a small chuckle. "You're only realizing that now, huh?"

     "I know that your clan is known for medical techniques that give you great health but- sometimes I am worried about your health." the Uchiha pointed out, trying to tell you that sometimes when you tell jokes, it makes people worry about your mental health instead of them laughing at your jokes.

     "What brought this on?" you asked, trying to ignore the question.

     "Nothing really. It's just that you're - my friend..." he trailed off as a wave of pastel pink hit his cheeks.

     You wanted to tease the poor boy but since you knew it would hurt his ego - especially after Izuna's death - you decided not to. 

     "(Y/n)! Madara!" another familiar voice called out to the both of you from a branch of a tree. You two looked around to see Hashirama and you and Madara approached that base of the tree after spotting him.

     "What are you doing, dingbat-"

     "CATCH!"

      "OH MY GOD-"

     Madara's eyes widened in horror as Hashirama leaped down onto him from the tree as Madara frantically held out his arms in a poor attempt to catch his falling friend. Once Madara had caught him, you watched as he tumbled down as the poor Uchiha failed to completely accommodate the sudden force of his friend plummeting down to him. You couldn't help but chuckle as soon as you saw the look on Madara's face.

     "What were you doing?!" Madara exclaimed.

     "Testing whether or not gravity exists :)" Madara was clearly not having any of it.

     "Of course gravity exists you idiotic chicken!"

     The way the other boy laughed felt so beguiling. A sweet melody that made you want to laugh as well. But this moment was short-lived when-

     "Hashirama!" a woman's voice called out, all of us stopped in our tracks as you turned around, finding a woman in a yukata speed walking towards your brown-haired friend. Shoving past you and Madara as she grabbed Hashi's smol hands. "What are you doing outside?! Your father's gonna be so angry at you!"

     She then proceeded to drag him away from the both of you. You looked at Hashirama, then back at Madara, as you played with your fingers. "Madara..."

     "?"

     "I have something to tell you..."

     "What is it?"

     "I'm gonna move away soon." and with that, your words were like an arrow, shot right through Madara's heart. You see, ever since Madara met you, you were a shining beacon in this chaotic war for him, he felt at peace for you. If only it was him who was on that tree and it was you who caught him as a metaphor of how much he'd fallen for you. As for you. You were enjoying the area where you lived and the friends you had. But if you were to list at least one thing that you loved. it was-

     "...Madara. Thank you." you thanked your friend as you began walking away. "I should probably go too."

     "Wait!" the Uchiha boy shouted. You stopped. "Can you leave something for me? So I don't forget you?" 

     You nodded as you walked closer to him as you placed both of your hands on one of his shoulders, planting a small white lotus. You stepped back as you admired the little thing on his shoulder. "There, you don't have to keep it if you don't want to..."

     "It's okay, I like it. I'm keeping it." Madara firmly declared. "And I shall treasure it forever." 

     You turned your back to him as you began waving as a sign of parting.

-×-

     Even after he left the newly built Hidden of the Leaf and even after the wars were over. Now it was his turn to visit you in your grave. He sat crossed-legged like a body that had no soul in front of your grave as used his hand to caress the delicate flower on his shoulder. 

1145 words

( ー̀ н ー́ ) (˚▽˚?)

This took so long to write holy- I'm sorry if I left out a few details out but here you go :)

Also, I had this friend who requested to add anything related to a chicken so that's why I added the dialogue about gravity

This part here -> "Of course gravity exists you idiotic chicken!"