060 | 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚞𝚒~𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢

Requested by mariahatake_

     Ish ma birthday (22nd April), I planned on writing my comfort character but I chose not to (for reasons) so I randomly picked from previous chapters...

     BUT- then there's a request for Darui...ヾ(^▽^*)))

    So this is more like a special I guess ;w;

     It was late, he should've gone home by now. He was ready to be scolded when he got home. But instead of going home to you, he stayed at the office, looking for a certain file. A file that contains one of your biggest secrets. Your birthday. his partner, C stood by the door frame, leaning on one leg the entire time, as he pictured how angry his father would get once he sees the mess. Piles of folders stacks against books, even some were littered on the floor. Darui then stopped, finally finding what he was looking for.

     When he got home, he wasn't surprised. You were asleep. But you were thoughtful enough to at least cook some food for him, and he's grateful for that. 

-×-

     The first thing he did in the morning, was looking at you. Peacefully reading a book with the morning light, trying not to wake him up. He smiled. You've been formally together as a couple for almost a year, and as he had no idea of when your birthday was, so of course, he took matters into his own hands. Before saying good morning, he spoke,

     "So today..." his raspy morning voice made you smile, though unsure of what he was talking about. 

     "Good morning to you too," you greeted, "What about today?"

     "I don't know, you tell me, birthday girl." Darui lifted an eyebrow as your cheeks got red. 

     "How did you find out?" you asked as curiosity took over you, making you put your book down on the bedside table.

     "I went through your files at the office, nasty work, I know. I was just curious." he sat up, "why didn't you tell me?" to be honest, he was a bit hurt, but he was also looking at you with a soft gaze at your adorable reaction, and he couldn't help but caress your cheek, the same way you caressed the markings on his face.

     "I don't... Like it. It lost its meaning ages ago, it's not like anyone other than my parents cares," you laughed bitterly.

     "Well, I do care," he said, almost angry at you for your level of insecurity. "It's the day you were born. And I love you so much... You deserve everything and it should be a special day. No one should be sad on their birthday." he lowered his voice in the end.

     "Darui, baby, you don't have to do anything. Really. It's just a date" you insisted.

     "Your date and you're my love :)" his hand cupped your cheek, "It's okay if you don't want to throw parties and stuff like that. We could go on a date or turtle Island. I could spoil you a bit too..." he kissed your forehead, he smiled, "Ask and you shall receive."

     "Being here with you is the best plan. Just the two of us. And maybe some dangos?" you smiled shyly at his ministrations.

     "Me and dango it is." he kept the smile as he kissed you, "Happy birthday, love." his voice came out in a whisper, "Now stay here, I'll make you breakfast :)"

573 words

/ᐠ.ꞈ.ᐟ\

Happeh birthday to meh ;w;