041 | 𝙺𝚊𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚘~𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚖

Requested by hehe_22

     Hope you enjoy it!

     Your eyes opened to meet a dark unknown room before you. Your eyes wandered around the dark room. The clothes you once had on your body replaced by a white dress similar to a hospital gown, revealing some bruises and cuts from your depression. Your hands and ankles seemed to be free so you began running toward the entrance of the room while you were drowning in that white dress, unfortunately, the door was locked. Screams of fear and anguish began escaping from your mouth as a cry for help yet to no avail. 

     Unbeknownst to you, on the other side, a man with onyx eyes and ash-grey hair, which he kept in a ponytail. He donned a dark purple shirt with a high collar, a white under-shirt, and dark purple pants with a white cloth waistband, crimson splotches here and there from an experiment gone haywire. He wasn't the cooperative type, so he had to pass. And by pass, he meant "stop living".

     The doorknob suddenly turned and the door swung open outside the room, making you lose your balance and fall. Luckily, a pair of sturdy arms caught you before you made contact with the ground. 

     "Whoa, I didn't expect this for a first impression," a voice commented as you stayed there trembling before the male helped you up. "Hello there, I'm Kabuto Yakushi, nice to meet you, partner."

     Partner? That single word echoed through your mind, what the hell was going on?

      "Partner?- What... what am I doing here?" you croaked out. Despite it being a question, it sounded more like a demand for them to set you free considering your tone. Gradually, your head began lifting to face your captor, but still avoiding to meet his onyx orbs. 

     "Oh? 'What are you doing here?'. Well, you're here to become my sidekick, or partner, I suppose. Lord Orochimaru picked you because of your knowledge of secret jutsus." he held out a hand for you to shake as a kind gesture. He later pulled away to adjust his glasses, "Oh, yeah I almost forgot, what's your name, partner?"

     "(Y/n), (Y/n) (L/n)." without realizing you let your real name and surname slip out, your eyes widened at that.

     "(L/n)? Why does it sound so familiar?" Kabuto languidly swept his hand up and under his chin, tapping it.

     "My clan specializes in (insert specialty here), though we were always targetted by it, so we when in hiding. That's why only people like you know who and what we're capable of." your voice lowered when you realized you've begun 'bragging' about your clan. Your lower lip soon disappeared between your teeth as you bit it as memories soon flooded of your family. 

     They weren't deceased, you just missed them dearly.

-×-

     It's been about a week. 

     You admit, the thought of you being treated poorly was out the window. You were actually highly respected in the laboratory. You were enjoying yourself basically. The rules weren't too many, unlike when you were hiding with your clan. 

     "I could've done better," you muttered, a string of curses following after.

     "I think you did great." a voice commented from behind you. You let out a small gasp before you spun around to meet the snake eyes of your partner (not snake yet I guess, he's still wearing the same ol' shirt just like the day you both met when he 'kidnapped' you)

     "I guess you could say that," you replied, your voice barely audible from his ears.

     Kabuto can seem quite open, an extrovert rather than an introvert, more than willing to approach people, and always confident in his own words and actions. From the whole week, you can tell that he could be very critical of others, dismissing their personal desires. He is nothing but polite, really, regarding deference, using the appropriate honorifics, and chastising those who don't do the same. Calling Orochimaru Lord Orochimaru as an example, he also calls you (Y/n)-san for the same reason, or (Y/n)-chan. Despite this, he can be cruel, too, preying on sensitive topics to rile someone up and punctuating his comments with sarcasm. Other times he is kind, putting himself at risk and being helpful for no immediate benefit to himself. Definitely one of those sides of him you don't want him to show often.

     As far as he told you, or rather, Karin did it for you, the many contradictions of Kabuto's personality were a result of his frequent role as a spy, having spent most of his life-changing identities and loyalties to gather information for some organization.

     You had mixed feelings for him, one minute he's kind and gentle, the next he's completely a maniac who loves tinkering with experiments.

     Apart from you really hoped that you'd have a neutral relationship with your partner. But then again, you were desperate for him to return the same feeling you have for him.

     A few minutes later, it was when you realized you were falling for your captor.

879 words

I am terribly sorry for taking this request so long to make, I really have no reason to take this long to do the request, I was just- coming down with a bad case of writer's block I guess. Hehe...