032 | 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚒~𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚍

Requested by ImaslutforDeidara

     He is a descendant of Hamura Otsutsuki and the sole survivor of the Otsutsuki clan's branch family on the Moon. Toneri was born into the Otsutsuki clan's Branch family, leading to his eyes being sealed within the Energy Vessel at birth, in place of vision, he learned to sense the world around him instead.

     Fun fact: His name may derive from (an actual prince) Prince Toneri, an imperial prince who lived during the Nara period and served as an editor to the Nihon Shoki, referred to as the second oldest book of classical Japanese history.

     "He's... following you again."

     "Ignore him," you said dryly as you waved your hand, your (e/c) orbs were trained on the shelves as you perused Tenten's shop. You stopped on a particularly fine Tachi. "It's what I do." you laid your finger on it, slowly gliding it on the fine metal, before stopping at the handle.

     "How does he even find you?" Tenten asked, your sharp eyes following Toneri as he watched you from outside the shop. Even though it's been years after the Fourth Shinobi War, she still sported a white sleeveless, high-collared qipao dress with red trimmings and a pink flame pattern on the left, tied with a maroon obi. Underneath, she had fishnet leg stockings and black high-heeled boots. She no longer wears her gloves and forehead protector, but had a pair of black scrolls around her wrists like bangles, and has two scrolls in the color of green and light grey strapped on her lower back. Her hair buns were braided and held together by a short plait that falls just below her shoulders. "You live on the opposite side of the village."

     "He's a sensory type," you replied, testing the edge of the Tachi. It drew blood. A wicked grin formed on your lips. "Did you import this from the Land of Iron?"

     "Of course," Tenten said, lifting the blade and showing you the insignia left by the swordsmith. "Fire hasn't quite reached the level of smithing techniques that the Land of Iron has." Her brown eyes flashed. "I'll be changing that."

     "I know you will, Tenten," you said before shaking your head. "I have to go by the Tower. Kakashi-sensei is avoiding paperwork again and I've been requested to... Corral him."

     "And Toneri won't be able to follow you," Tenten said with a smirk. 

     "You've got it in one," you added, putting down the Tachi knowing full well you already own multiple at home. It was disappointing, yes, but you were sure if you were to buy another one, you end up getting another one-hour-long lecture from your mother. See, you're not the type to be afraid of sharp objects, you're always intrigued by them, sometimes it makes you look like a psychopath. Maybe that's why your friend, or rather the only friend you had, was Tenten. "I'll see you later, Tenten."

     Tenten waved you off and you soon made your way outside, avoiding Toneri's bright and avid gaze. His outfit still consisted of a white, high-collared kimono with a black obi, over which he wears a pale green sash tied at the right shoulder. On the back of his kimono was the Otsutsuki clan branch family emblem of a yellow crest depicting a sun enclosed in a crescent moon. You turned down a side street, resisting the urge to sigh as Toneri fell into step beside you.

     He leaned down closer to your height, looking into your face. You glanced at him out of the corner of your eyes. Something menacing was floating in those orbs of his. "What?"

     "What?" he replied back, though you saw the grin tugging at his lips, pleased he'd gotten a rise out of you.

     "Why do you insist on following me around Konoha?" you asked out of spite, you wanted to hurt him, to take a kunai out of your pouch and slit his throat with it. But, no, you can't.

     "You're interesting," he replied softly, chuckling. You were clueless about what he was laughing at though you tried to ignore his gaze.

     "Interesting?" you repeated, not sure whether to find the moniker distasteful or not.

     "Entertaining." he continuedYou scowled. You didn't care about that, you never did. You were able to leave off responding as Anbu appeared around you, clamping strong hands down on Toneri's shoulders. "Time for us to part I suppose," Toneri said, wistful.

     You turned and walked on toward the Tower, ignoring him.

     Once your duty was over, you could finally rest up. You stretched your bones before throwing yourself on the cloud-like furniture called bed. Despite this, the thought of having Toneri in the Tower still sent chills up your spine.

     Day after day of sitting in the apartment was beginning to make you stir crazy and slightly paranoid, you felt like a sitting duck waiting to be shot. The chat you had a few days with the Otsutsuki was still replaying in your mind. 

     One unfaithful day, Tenten came by to your house for the usual movie marathon, you also invited Hinata. The three of you binge ate and watched movies. The house phone suddenly rang. Hinata quickly wobbled to answer it, she was a little chubby at the time, for, hormonal reasons. You and Tenten tried to mimic her often by wearing fluffy onesies, even though you two weren't even pregnant. Soon she wished she hadn't. The voice on the other end was deep and angry.

     "Hello, my dear." it said.

     Hinata tensed up, Tenten paused the movie once she noticed this. "Hinata, what's wrong?" your laughter also died down.

     You Hyuga friend retaliated, "Don't you dare call here again!" before the caller could retort she slammed the phone onto the receiver and returned to the movie marathon.

     "Who was that?" you asked before shoving another spoonful of mint chocolate chip ice cream into your mouth. 

     "Toneri."

1031 words

-.-

     To be honest, I don't know what I wanted to write about this boy when I got the request. When I decided on the title, the word "Stalked" just came to mind, so I continued from that. Forgive me if it's too short, enjoy.