048 | 𝙺𝚊𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚘~𝚃𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝙲𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚎

Requested by hehe_22

     Legend: (U/c): Umbrella color, (Y/n): Your name

     "(Y/n), please wear a coat, you'll get sick in this weather." Kabuto continued as he tried convincing you to wear at least something that'll keep you warm in the harsh weather. It was 2 AM and it was pouring rain. Yet you acted as if you were used to it or something. Just from standing close to the open front door, he could feel the breeze flying past like a train.

     "Don't worry, love. I'm used to it. Plus, it's not like I'd stay out for too long," you gave him a small peck on the cheek and left with only a sweater and your (U/c) umbrella. Kabuto slowly reached out to the handle and closed the door as he was worried sick for the next two hours.

-×-

     Just as he predicted, you lay down on your bed, with a severe cold. He began ranting about how he told you to not go outside in the absolute downpour yesterday. 

    "Told you." he ended his rant as he stood up from the chair he had placed next to you. Honestly, his rant was the last thing you needed, though he wasn't wrong. You were being as stubborn as always. 

     "I'm sorry..." you murmured, clenching the covers as you lifted them slightly to cover your mouth, muffling the apology though he was able to catch it before he exited your room.

     "It's okay," he crouched down to press a soft and gentle kiss against your forehead. You flinched a bit, worried he'll catch a cold too. When he straightened up, his onyx eye never left you. "It looks like you won't be going to the lab again today."

     "Kabuto, you'll get sick, please don't kiss me." you scolded him lightly. Eyes narrowing to small slits as you locked gaze with the man you loved the most. He let out a small chuckle.

     "It's fine." he smiled as he made his way towards the door of your bedroom, his low ponytail bouncing a little as he walked.

-×-

     "(Y/n)?" you heard a small voice after thirty painstaking minutes passed by. Kabuto knocked on your bedroom door gently, not wanting to enter without your permission. Once he heard an audible hum from the other side. He entered the room you were in. You spotted your lover by the door frame, standing there holding a tray with a bowl and a spoon in it, as well as a white pill bottle next to it. You furrowed your eyebrows slightly as he began walking leisurely towards you. You had no appetite to eat but your stomach was growling, screaming to be fed. 

     "What is it?" you asked, your croaky voice filling the room. When you suddenly felt the urge to cough you turned to the other way, not facing Kabuto as you let out a few coughs. Kabuto snaked his hand up on your back as if tried calming you down, patting your back gently. Once you were done you turned around to face your lover again.

     "It's soup." he smiled as he placed the tray on your bedside table. He took the white ceramic bowl in hand as he spooned you a spoonful of the tomato soup he just cooked for you. 

     Kabuto fed you as best as he could, when you suddenly stopped him, holding out a hand acting as a barrier between both of you. He wore a confused look on his face as he slowly put the spoon back in the bowl. 

     "Don't you think you're going too far to take care of me? I mean, I feel like I'm bothering you too much." you lowered your voice when you reached the end of your sentence. The gray-haired man sighed as he pushed back a loose strand of your hair behind your ear. The question sounded dumber as the seconds passed.

     "(Y/n). I don't mind taking care of you, really. You're not a burden to me." he finished his sentence with his lips pressing against yours. You soon kissed back without hesitation. Once both of you pulled away, he helped you finished the bowl of soup. 

     He placed the white ceramic bowl back on the tray. He then picked up the white pill bottle and opened it. "I got this from Lord Orochimaru, don't worry they work like a charm." he smiled lovingly at you. You bit your bottom lip as you smiled back. "Here." he gave you a pill with a cup of water.

     "I think I'm fine with-" the look on your lover's face silenced you. You quickly took it and drank the whole cup after that. 

     "Someone's definitely thirsty," Kabuto chuckled, when you finished, you wiped off the excess water on your lips, placing the cup back on the nightstand. Slowly laying your body back on the bed, Kabuto pulled your blanket to cover you before placing a small peck on your forehead. "Rest, okay?" you nodded before he left to go to the lab for another experiment.

840 words

(/・/ω/・/)

Sorry if this took longer than expected. Also, I just realized I wrote something similar about this last year. Check chapter 27| Chojuro sickness :)